• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

boat lift bunks for FSH 210

madtom

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Hi all.

First post. I am currently trying to setup our approved socially distanced family activities for the summer. I just located and bought a used 2019 FSH 210 with only 100 hrs.... since 2021s are completely sold out and 2022s...are hurry up and get your name on the list so you can wait in line. I did enough waiting in line when I was in the Army. It has been crazy how fast the used ones were disappearing. We already have jetski's and I live on the water. It is less than 3 ft of water for 200ft from our dock so a Yamaha was an natural choice.

Seller of the new to me boat was on the wait list for the new 25 ft FSH....I was glad to help him get ready for his new boat.

I am trying to setup my bunks for the FSH 210. Lift beams are already fixed to each other with connecting beams. it is an 8k piling lift so capacity isnt the issue.

I already have brackets for the I beams and am getting (4) 2x12x 12 ft planks to screw and glue together and make two bunks for my boat. I plan on initially putting carpet on it and next season something a little more slick.

I am looking for the angle to cut on top of the planks screwed together? 18 degrees, 19 degrees ???? trying to make the bunks match the hull. Has anyone made bunks for their 210 (AR,SX,FSH yamaha) hull yet?

I plan on making the back side of the bunks with a 2 inch or more notch in the back so the hull will naturally slope to the rear on the lift.....or add a block under the front beam to do the same thing.

if there are no others that have done this before i will post my solution.

Any suggestions on a canopy? should I do it? and get one? does it cut down on the use of the boat covers? if I do how much longer/ taller than the boat should it be.... since it will be on 4 pilings it will already be wider than boat.

Thanks again and glad to be here.

Attachments

• overhead view of bunks.jpg
    overhead view of bunks.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 40
  • side view of bunks.jpg
    side view of bunks.jpg
    123 KB · Views: 43
  • 00l0l_7DEsR25baNJz_0bD05U_1200x900.jpg
    00l0l_7DEsR25baNJz_0bD05U_1200x900.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:
Bump. Any thoughts here? I have my bunks spaces similar to what Tom has here. I have it setup so the keel sits on the lift frame (there are nylon blocks to prevent scratching) and the bunk boards as just guides so not to tip from side to side. That is how a hewitt boat lift is supposed to be setup with a bowrider v-hull, per hewitt. I have a hewitt 4200 cantilever lift.

I just got the boat and the lift is pending install. Have not put it on the lift, which is why I'm after some help like Tom.

Thanks everyone, great community!

Update on my lift.
Currently replacing the lift cables this week(old ones were frayed) as I am still awaiting a thumbs up from the DWR that boat registration is completed. I have the material for the bunks and will be installing them hopefully in the next week or two.

Once bunks are in/positioned and the the boat is sitting on them I will upload pictures for reference. I was hoping some others has a similar hull on a lift . Looks like it will be trial and error to get them in place correctly.

Update #2 So lift cables are now replaced and I leveled the lifts today with a bubble level. I finally got my registration info and hull id..... doing the 100 hour services now before I put it in the water. While I lubing the steering and reverse buckets on Tuesday I discovered that the rudder bracket is fractured and the top half is loose from the hull. New part on the way.... (apparently when folks back up their boat onto a sandbar if the wave lifts the boat and slams back down the rudder bracket will take the brunt). No hull damage but sets back my water entry another week.. I was going to put it in last week but grandbaby #2 showed up...had to go fix comfort food for my oldest girl and watch grandbaby. 200182088_5872775039429707_2625227382123190099_n.jpg

I'm back home this week so back to getting "new to me" boat ready for summer. I am putting the bunks on the lift after I pull the last ski off tomorrow and put it on the trailer. Once bunks are mounted I will post pictures. I'm still awaiting rudder bracket before putting it in the water. latest UPS schedule says 22 June for delivery.
Since a visual helps here is what the side view will look like for my 8k boat lift with beams 10 ft apart...(actually 117 inches ) but the pullies are like 118 inches. This is approximate dimensions using tape measure, and planning boat placement on bunks to get center of gravity between the lift beams.....

boatlift  side view.jpg

Last edited:
So I finished the bunks and attached them to the boat lift. Ended up cutting a 20 degree angle on the top of the planks so I will have plenty of contact with the hull. Taking boat to the marina in the morning for them to lift it into the water. Hopefully this can help someone else setup their lift bunks on a 210 hull.

finished boat bunks.jpg

Ok final update..... had to adjust the lift bunks inward to get just inside the bottom most set of chines. 28 inches outside to outside measurement on front of bunk and seven foot back on the bunk 34 inches outside to outside. Boat self centers when lift comes up underneath it. boat lift bunk final adjustments.jpg
boat 23.jpg

Now to adjust the PVC Parking bumpers .

Last edited:
@madtom thanks so much for the detail on this. I just got a 2022 210 FSH and am about to test out my existing lift for fit. Did you ever put a canopy on the lift or did you leave it open and just use the cover? If you went with a cover, how much clearance did you need for the T-top.

@madtom thanks so much for the detail on this. I just got a 2022 210 FSH and am about to test out my existing lift for fit. Did you ever put a canopy on the lift or did you leave it open and just use the cover? If you went with a cover, how much clearance did you need for the T-top.
No canopy yet . Project for this year was rebuilding the dock. They finished last month. Maybe in 5-6 years. We still have 2 in college. I will upgrade lift at that time. easiest way is to get taller pilings and put a roof cap on it. Neighbor has a roof on his and leaves his boat on the lift during winter. That is the goal.
dock demolition 6.jpgPXL_20220401_111228472~2.jpg

Last edited:
Ok final update..... had to adjust the lift bunks inward to get just inside the bottom most set of chines. 28 inches outside to outside measurement on front of bunk and seven foot back on the bunk 34 inches outside to outside. Boat self centers when lift comes up underneath it. View attachment 154626
View attachment 154628

Now to adjust the PVC Parking bumpers .
Does your keel rest on the I-Beam with this setup? I just got my boat today and when I went to lift it, the keel was resting on the I-Beam. I am going to try your setup tomorrow to see if it works any better.

Screenshot 2022-04-12 210245.png

Does your keel rest on the I-Beam with this setup? I just got my boat today and when I went to lift it, the keel was resting on the I-Beam. I am going to try your setup tomorrow to see if it works any better.

View attachment 175516

Mine do not touch. I used 2x12 bunks to create enough clearance. I just make sure the lift is low enough in the water when bringing the boat in so the boat doesn't hit the lift. I will move the rubber pad I have on it to under the center like you have yours. My brackets are vertical and I cut the angle at 20 degrees on the top of the bunks. See attached photos.

PXL_20220414_160854550.jpg
PXL_20220414_161033549.jpg

Ah, okay it looks like your bunks under the stern are closer then I have. I can't tell if your intakes are covered or not (it doesn't look like they are). I left my bunks spread out further in the stern to stay outside the intakes. I will trying play around with moving them in.

Ah, okay it looks like your bunks under the stern are closer then I have. I can't tell if your intakes are covered or not (it doesn't look like they are). I left my bunks spread out further in the stern to stay outside the intakes. I will trying play around with moving them in.
Kenward,

The rear lift beam is under the engine compartment. I measured my lift and set it up so that I know where the boat is on the lift based upon the location of the guide PVC pipes. I used the boat trailer as a guide on how to set it up and modified from there.

I will take some pictures in the morning for a visual reference. I am currently putting the piling lights back on the dock and I will be in the kayak running wire and conduits. I am happy with how it sits on the lift. It basically self centers as the lift comes up.PXL_20220416_145045879.jpgPXL_20220416_145027899.jpgPXL_20220416_142626838.jpg

Last edited:
I had the boat lift company out today. They nailed some 4’ long 2x4’s to the stern portion of the bunks to level it out. I will try to get some pics to post. I am happy with the result since it allows for the bunks to be a little wider which gives it more stability.

Back