• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Boat Mooring Cover - Yamaha Logo Removal

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
My mooring cover sits outside all summer over the boat and is now four years old. This season the screen printing on the cover has really started to degrade and, anytime I put the cover on or off, I get fine pieces of it all over the boat. Sooo... I used acetone (as suggested by Google) to remove the rear lettering. Not perfect, but way less mess now.

Just an FYI for anyone else. Btw, gotta give props to the strength of these covers - I tow A LOT and my cover is in really good shape still - well worth the cost.

Before/during removal (those white flakes are what drove me INSANE):
boatcover1.jpg

After:
boatcover2.jpg