• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Boat Trailer not recognized?

Valle956

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
So i just got a 2020 Tundra CrewMax to tow my '07 SX230. I have been trying to get the brakes to work on the trailer, just in case. It seems to not recognize the trailer when i pull up the menu on my dash. Have any of you had this issue? especially with a Toyota? Any help/guidance would be appreciated. Debating going to the dealer to see if its the actual truck that has an issue. Also looking to maybe re-wire the trailer to get it to work. Thanks for any feedback/help.

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Not sure about your tow system on the truck, but I’d imagine that your truck is looking for an electric brake system. A stock MFI trailer uses surge brakes.

Valle956

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Not sure about your tow system on the truck, but I’d imagine that your truck is looking for an electric brake system. A stock MFI trailer uses surge brakes.
Thank you for your response. I never thought about that. Will look into it. Thanks again!

ScottS

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
So i just got a 2020 Tundra CrewMax to tow my '07 SX230. I have been trying to get the brakes to work on the trailer, just in case. It seems to not recognize the trailer when i pull up the menu on my dash. Have any of you had this issue? especially with a Toyota? Any help/guidance would be appreciated. Debating going to the dealer to see if its the actual truck that has an issue. Also looking to maybe re-wire the trailer to get it to work. Thanks for any feedback/help.
My 2020 Chevy recognizes that there is a trailer there, but to get it to disengage the brake for reverse, I had to get a 5 pin to 7-Pin converter at home depot to connect it to my truck. Also, my truck will state "electric brakes not connected" when I plug it in. As stated by @itsdgm, our surge brakes are actuated by the pressure of the trailer tongue pushing against the hitch ball when the truck applies its brakes.