• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Boeshield T9 Spray

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Hi All
As I am getting ready to change out my steering cable, I was thinking about using the Boeshield T9 spray as a maintenance lubricant (between recommended Yamaha lubricant intervals) to spray inside the steering cable from the transom of the boat? I came across this in one of my Florida Sport Fishing Magazines, and it seems to be what I would want to use.

Has anyone used this before? The reviews online and on Amazon seem really good.

As an aerospace Quality Engineer, I know Boeing won't put their name on just anything.

1657537624104.png

I sprayed that all over the engine and the other doodads in the engine compartment when I first got my boat last year. Seems to work well so far.

I use boeshield on my mtn bike chains and I actually tried to push the liquid version of that through my cable with compressed air when it went bad. My cable was too far gone and I couldn’t get it to work it’s way through but it’s a good product.

I use boeshield on my mtn bike chains and I actually tried to push the liquid version of that through my cable with compressed air when it went bad. My cable was too far gone and I couldn’t get it to work it’s way through but it’s a good product.
Thanks, I am still trying to figure out how my cable went bad so quickly, less than 30hours and only 6 months old. My new cable is slated to deliver to my house today, so I plan to do some Root Cause investigation when I replace it. Trying to be as proactive as I can to prevent this from happening again (once I figure out what caused it to go bad initially).

Thanks, I am still trying to figure out how my cable went bad so quickly, less than 30hours and only 6 months old. My new cable is slated to deliver to my house today, so I plan to do some Root Cause investigation when I replace it. Trying to be as proactive as I can to prevent this from happening again (once I figure out what caused it to go bad initially).
Mine started going bad around the same hours but maybe a year later.
I still have it sitting in my garage waiting to cut it open and do the same thing.

I used to swear by T-9. And by no means saying it's not a good product. But I had it build a gunk up on my engines. Seemed to happen over time when mixed with water (rinsing my engines off). Had to physically removed the gunk with rags. But I still have a can and use on other stuff.

Back