• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Boogie Boarding

96Pirate

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Has anyone tried boogie boarding off the wake. I am holding off from buying a surf board and wake boards until this fall so I am looking for other things to do besides tubing. The kids have been boogie boarding at the beach for a few years now so they have the hang of it. I am thinking it would be much like the surfing. The hardest part might be keeping the nose from submarining and only holding on to the board with 1 hand.

My steps would be...
1-Determine approx speed and pinpoint where the wake forms (Thinking 10mph)
2-Let out just enough rope so the person will be in that area
3-Start very slow as they will not need any lift. (Have them keep the nose up out of the water)
4-Have someone hold the rope on board and adjust the rope length so the boarder is in the wake.
5-Depending on the wake size it would be up to the riders discretion as to whether to toss the rope or not.

I only have a 4 person tube rope or a ski rope. I am thinking ski rope would work better because of the handle. All they would need to do is hold on and the person on board would control the length.

Any issues/concerns/opinions you can think of? Any additional safety factors I should think of?

My primary concern is CO poisoning. With CO being denser than air and the boarder being that low and close to the boat. Just not sure if it is diluted enough with air to cause any issues.

Thanks

I wouldn't worry about the CO. ME and my stupid friends used to hang on to the back of the skiboat ski deck and drag behind the moving boat for miles. Of course this was back when we were teens, and our parents let us ride in the car with no seatbelts while they smoked in the car with the windows rolled up.

I wouldn't worry about the CO. ME and my stupid friends used to hang on to the back of the skiboat ski deck and drag behind the moving boat for miles. Of course this was back when we were teens, and our parents let us ride in the car with no seatbelts while they smoked in the car with the windows rolled up.
lol...times have changed, haven't they? It is different being a parent though. Trying to keep them from doing the same stupid things we did.

No expert here but I think boogie boarding relies on smooth water, which you won' get in the wake. But try it. We body surf behind ours and it is a blast. Need a wetsuit though so you dont lose your shorts. Cam.

No expert here but I think boogie boarding relies on smooth water, which you won' get in the wake. But try it. We body surf behind ours and it is a blast. Need a wetsuit though so you dont lose your shorts. Cam.
You just spent more of my money:mad::) Now I need to get a wetsuit. That sounds like a ton of fun!

I would be worried that if somehow you were successful that you could go head first into the swim deck. I think of how close the tip of the surfboard is sometimes.

Hmmm...valid point and well taken. Thanks @scokill

I know while tubing making a left turn the tube gets sucked into the 2nd wake. I wonder if that would be the better/safer wake to ride. Its a fairly slow speed and it almost seems like the tube is riding the wave since there is slack in the line and the tube is still moving. Everyone know what I am talking about? Maybe that's the better spot, other than it being maybe too far back and other boats may not be able to see that low. I would make sure I do it in a cove with no one around.

Back