• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Box Anchor for Yamaha Boats

GoodCubanito

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Hi everybody! Hope you are doing great!

Is anybody using a box anchor with their Yamaha boats? If yes, where and how do you store it? I've heard a lot of good things about them and wanted to check before I buy one.

Thank you all,

Laz

depends on what the bottom is,

I LOVE my box anchor, I think it's the medium size custom made that hangs in the anchor locker , on our mud bottoms it's throw it in and forget about it, I don't even worry about the scope on the line, I've got a second foldable that I keep under a rear seat,

I LOVE my box anchor, I think it's the medium size custom made that hangs in the anchor locker , on our mud bottoms it's throw it in and forget about it, I don't even worry about the scope on the line, I've got a second foldable that I keep under a rear seat,

Thank you very much, neighbor!

Do you have any pictures of the set up? I’m curious how it hangs in the anchor locker

Do you have any pictures of the set up? I’m curious how it hangs in the anchor locker

no pictures that I can easily find, it's got a pin welded to each side at the far end to hang from the factory supports,

box anchor here too....baby box size...with anchor buddy line. works well in mud bottoms around here.
mine hangs in anchor locker on a piece of rebar that's cut to fit between the cradles, maybe 18" wide? i also lined the locker with blacktip jetski mat to minimize banging around.
think i copied @anmut he may have used a diff rod, but same idea.

I swear by mine along with an anchor buddy (bungee cord) line. I keep it ready to deploy under the port bow seat or floor locker on top of pads or a tube. I was too cheap to buy one at first, but had a custom box anchor from another member that fit in my 230s anchor locker and loved it. Locks in on the first try every time, not like the 13 lb. danforth that used to fit in the anchor locker. Got lucky in that my current boat came with a box anchor. There shore spikes are the ShAt as well. Again with an anchor buddy.

Back