• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bragging

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So, our company had off on Tuesday (yeah, nice, huh?), so I went up and got my boat with the 8' beam out of the 8' 9" wide storage unit. The trailer was due for inspection. Took that and got that done. Then brought my baby home for a rare visit. While she was here:
1) Bled the brakes. Anyone know the bleed screw true size on these Shorelandrs? I used a 7/16", but even that didn't seem to exactly fit. And, no 11mm seemed to be just a little worse. Inspected all the hoses while under there.
2) Grease in all 4 bearings.
3) Tire pressure adjusted.
4) Completed second bilge installation (I had the pump in, the thru-hull, the hose--just needed to add the float switch and wire it all up). It even works.
5) Installed the new bimini top latches (the ones with the little push button instead of the pin--broke 2 screws in the process--talent).
6) Trimmed the tree under which the boat was sitting so it was clear of the tower.
7) Slowed all traffic on my street due to admirers.
8) Gave a really good rubdown with the Hot Sauce.

None of that may impress you; that is fine. Didn't impress me either. Anyway, I then took the boat back to the storage unit and (are you ready?) put it away with the tow vehicle (my wife's Q7) into that same 8' 9" space! There is not enough concrete to back in straight, so you have to pull up at 90 degrees and back around the corner into the space. On the 4th try and in about 30 minutes. Normally I just get it close and then use the Trailer Valet on the thing. But I was not in a hurry and decided to give it a try.

Didn't break the boat or trailer, either.

I take one gold star from petty cash, please.

robbo3

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Nicely done! I'm always amazed at how many people with boats don't spend the time to learn how to back up.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Not to highjack the thread but to supplement it. I'm glad that I can still back my boat and trailer up the old fashioned way, in reverse, but think I could have done it faster using the front hitch. The specific clip starts at about the 48 second mark.

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yes, @Ronnie, I have seen that clip before. Still amazed by it!

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Had a centered front hitch on my 05' Expedition for my cooler rack and loved it . . . . . but gave it up when I got the 15' where I installed 2 off set mounts. . . .

I can still back trailer in with the best of em though. :winkingthumbsup"

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Actually this one is new and I'm backing in. You may be thinking of the clip where I use the front hitch. speaking of which, you may find it useful in your situation. Backing a trailer into a tight spot is a lot easier when you can see what you are doing without looking over your shoulder or through a camera, at least for me anyway. They run about $100 to $150 on trailer.com .

I wish I could use a trailer valet but it won't work in my situation (up an unpaved driveway).

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Mama won't go for a hitch on the front of her Q7... Can't say I blame her.

Oh! I stand corrected, then. Either way, still damn impressive.

Yes, the TV is nice, but not fitting for all situations. Fortunately, I normally have them valet it for me, so it is a rare day when I need to use that. I back it up close and then normally finish with the TV. Except for this week. :)

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I love my Trailer Valet and somehow, someone new always rolls by when they see me sliding the boat into the driveway alone and wait for me to emerge to ask how I made that "thing".

billyb

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
My wife and daughter each have a horse, which means they had to have a trailer to go to horse shows...

Anyway, my wife can backup a horse trailer, boat, whatever like I have never seen. I was shocked when she backed up the boat once.

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
My wife can handle the large truck we have and the empty boat trailer better than most that I've seen at the boat ramp. She is truly impressive at times. I certainly complement her on her skills too. I've had a few people complement me on her skills as she's hauling the boat and me out of the water. I feel very lucky to have her and her willingness to do it.

David Analog

Jetboaters Commander
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
NA
I always pull the boat into the slip or back the trailer into the garage after dark when there are no witnesses.

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length