• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Broken reverse cable

AlphaKap

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Somehow I broke the reverse cable while putting the pump housing back together after clearing a jam.

I ordered the part and will hopefull get it before Friday. Plan is to replace it on Friday and hopefully get back on the water this weekend to enjoy the holiday weekend.

Read the various posts so hopefully no issues. I will take lots of pics so hopefully can add to the knowledge base.

If anyone in my area has some experience, come by and dinner is on me :)

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Watching!

--

AlphaKap

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I have not been successful yet. Fortunately there was about a quarter inch of threads left so i was able to get a temporary fix. Its good except a slight forward drift in neutral.

Unlike the non SE models, the cables run to a control box on the starboard side behind the helm. I felt good about this until i tried to break into the box and the screws are so tight i could only get one out without worrying about stripping out the heads so quit and went with plan b.

Any thoughts on how to get this thing apart? I think you have to disassemble to swap. I can see where it attaches if i pull the rubber cover off.

If not for this, it would have been an hours worth of work.

20190830_203411.jpg