• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bucket position

242Ransom

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I just bought a 2020 242 SE Limited & noticed both my Port & Stbd buckets are wide open on top when I have my throttles in Neutral. Is this normal or should they be in front of the thrusters? I had a 2016 FSH 190 & when I would put it in N the bucket would cover the opening of the thruster.

ZGhost

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I just bought a 2020 242 SE Limited & noticed both my Port & Stbd buckets are wide open on top when I have my throttles in Neutral. Is this normal or should they be in front of the thrusters? I had a 2016 FSH 190 & when I would put it in N the bucket would cover the opening of the thruster.
Fly by wire baby! ;)

\\\Wolverine///

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Run it on the hose and look at it. I check mine while flushing on the hose in FWD, NEU, and REV for proper operation since the electronics don't operate is it isn't running

Philip

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Other
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
So when you flush on hose and put in F position bucket should open fully ? Mine does not

\\\Wolverine///

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
@Phillip
In the F position photo, was that the first detent forward (TDE position) or past that to the F throttle area?
In TDE it does not open all the way to provide downward thrust for low RPM steeringScreenshot_20200629-104300_Drive.jpg

Philip

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Other
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
It was just in the F position I believe. I’ll double check Tx for info.