• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Buying a boat

Mattdenryter

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hey everyone,
I am looking at buying a 2017 Yamaha with 190 hrs on it. The amount of hours seems high, is this something I should be concerned about?
Thanks
Matt

What boat/engine are we talking about? 190hrs is nothing typically, the biggest thing is was it maintained? Look in the engine bay to see how clean it is. Crawl under the boat to see the condition of the hull. Make sure everything works on the boat and take it out on the water for a test run before you buy it.

Ar242x, the 1.8 L engine. Thanks for all the info. I have had a previous Yamaha ar240 in 2013 so I’m somewhat familiar. Will def be driving it and making sure everything works.

Other than winterize and oil changes is there any other maintenance that needs to be done to these engines? How often should the oil be changed.
Thanks

Back