• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Buying a Scarab / Yamaha / Chaparral jet boat from the US

Elv1s

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Dear Jetboater members,

let me briefly introduce myself since this is my first contribution to this forum.
My name is Phil, 31 years, raised in Germany, absolutely passionate for any kind of watersports like scuba diving, kitesurfing, wakeboarding and of course boating :). Ever since I have been dreaming about the possibility to own a jet boat which is anything but common in Europe and particularly not in Germany. Jet propulsion is in fact a completely new technology to the people over here.

Ideally my new dream boat comes with the following specs:

Type: Watersports / Wakeboarding Jet boat
Brands: Scarab / Yamaha / Chaparral
Built: 2012 - 2016
Engine: 350-500 HP, Twin Engine, Jet propulsion
Length: 24feet
Waters: Rhine river, freshwater, Germany
Price: Up to 50.000 USD

To make my dream come true my best friend and me are planning a trip to the US in October 2018.
In order to be well prepared I would appreciate your support and feedback on the following questions:

1. Which area in the US would you recommend to visit in order to be able to choose from a large variety of boats and find a proper deal? Would you look at Wisconsin and Michigan or rather Texas, Florida or California?

2. What are, from your subjective point of view, the pros and cons regarding Yamaha / Scarab / Chaparral?

3. I would assess Yamaha as the most experienced jet boat manufacturer compared to the others, but wonder why Yamaha has not yet entered the European markets of jet boats. Does anybody have any idea why?

4. Which directory would you browse to find good deals for jet boats? Would you browse craigslist or similar directories or rather tend to buy from an authorized dealer?

5. Can you recommend an american boat transport company which is experienced in import / export and shipping?

Many thanks for your support and in advance. It's very much appreciated.

Wishing you a nice day from the heart of Europe,
Phil

Back