• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Can I use Gopro with Bluetooth on my dash screen

Bohdiez

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
215 ID
Boat Length
Just wondering if a way is possible to mount gopro somewhere on boat and then see live footage on my dash camera one or camera two? Be sweet if I could. I’m struggling to find the answers!
Thanks again

And least it ain’t raining today
Cheers

blthlt

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
255 ID
Boat Length
Likely Possible. Results may be less than desired. You'd probably have to run power to the camera mounting location, to power the go-pro or a wireless/bluetooth transmitter. May as well run power / video to the screen from the tower and have a much more reliable install.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just wondering if a way is possible to mount gopro somewhere on boat and then see live footage on my dash camera one or camera two? Be sweet if I could. I’m struggling to find the answers!
Thanks again

And least it ain’t raining today
Cheers
Most of the GoPro's have a wireless connection with a smartphone. Could probably use a cheap tablet as well, then mount that at the helm and use the standard GoPro software for starting and stopping recordings.

I suggest having another passenger that isn't the spotter be in charge of "camera operator" duties. and starting/stopping the GoPro.

If you just want to see what's happening back there, a good mirror is realtime and passive, and doesn't add to the mental workload of the driver

Bohdiez

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
215 ID
Boat Length
Ya so much going on from other boat traffic, to speeds for surfer, tunes, etc. Hahaha. I think a mirror my best bet lol

Bohdiez

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
215 ID
Boat Length
I was just thinking the boat has Bluetooth and so does the Gopro. On my dash I have two camera spots for viewing. Just thought might be way to have the boat connect to the Gopro and run the video on cam 1 or cam 2. My Gopro is a hero 6 so might be little old. Anyone else have any luck doing this

blthlt

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
255 ID
Boat Length
I was just thinking the boat has Bluetooth and so does the Gopro. On my dash I have two camera spots for viewing. Just thought might be way to have the boat connect to the Gopro and run the video on cam 1 or cam 2. My Gopro is a hero 6 so might be little old. Anyone else have any luck doing this
The bluetooth on the scarab isn't for video transmission.

2019scott195wake300

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length
I just installed cameras on my boat for the two ports your talking about. You can do it for about $28 a camera. I only did one just so the driver can watch when your surfing or wakeboarding...very easy! I will get you some pics

2019scott195wake300

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length
like i said i got the camera of amazon....i wired it right up. took about 30mins with making my holder.....o ya the wakeboard swivels work!