• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Can rust be removed from this hardware and what the heck is this?

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So the first question is this hardware is on the swim deck only one side has some rust on it can The rust be removed or should I just replace the hardware? I'm going to replace the hydro turf with Seadek so even if I have to use something that may hurt it I don't care. The next question is what the heck is the second picture it is down by the jet pump nozel on the port side it is not on the starboard engine side.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    836.8 KB · Views: 72
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    905.5 KB · Views: 75
That looks like the exhaust outlet, although there absolutely should be one on the other side as well.

That looks like the exhaust outlet, although there absolutely should be one on the other side as well.
Never mind on the second part you are correct I was looking on the outside on the other side but it's on the inside

I use "bar keepers friend" to remove rust and clean everything else. You can find it whenever you find soft scrub cleaner.

That exhaust exit port should have a aluminium retaining ring around it to sandwich the rubber between the fibreglass and the ring, If you look at the right hand side of my Photo you can just see it near where the steering cable connects, Correct me if I'm wrong!

IMG_0927.JPG

I just found a better Photo for you from when i took the Pumps off to check and service them hope it helps.

IMG_2620.JPG

I just found a better Photo for you from when i took the Pumps off to check and service them hope it helps.

View attachment 30052
I asked the same thing in a different topic Geoff. Apparently at some point, Yamaha stopped putting the ring on there and just covered the area in silicone (which just comes off eventually). Mine had the rings as well.

I asked the same thing in a different topic Geoff. Apparently at some point, Yamaha stopped putting the ring on there and just covered the area in silicone (which just comes off eventually). Mine had the rings as well.

Sounds like cost cutting to me, I would buy some and fit them as maybe there still a stock item if not i would fabricate some.

Back