• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

CanDooPro on 2016 Chaparral Vortex

TNMic

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
I wanted to see if anyone out there has used a CanDooPro yet on a Vortex with the 6.5" Medallion screen - specifically if it will enable you to clear the 25 maintenance code?

BobJohnson

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
First, welcome to the site. Lots of information here....

there is a thread on here with folks that have used it. reach out to one of these guys and they can maybe answer this for you. (to get alert someone to a post, put a @ character in front of their user name. example for me... @BobJohnson ) -- from reading this other post, I am sure you can clear the 25 hour code. https://jetboaters.net/threads/candoo-pro-for-scarab-glastron-chap-yamaha.6032/

I would love to get one of these systems myself. Probably next year.

TNMic

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
First, welcome to the site. Lots of information here....

there is a thread on here with folks that have used it. reach out to one of these guys and they can maybe answer this for you. (to get alert someone to a post, put a @ character in front of their user name. example for me... @BobJohnson ) -- from reading this other post, I am sure you can clear the 25 hour code. https://jetboaters.net/threads/candoo-pro-for-scarab-glastron-chap-yamaha.6032/

I would love to get one of these systems myself. Probably next year.
Bob - Wanted to let you know I got my boat back on Thursday. I ordered a Candoo last week from Jeff at Candoo (very helpful). I got the unit out last night, followed the instructions, and it worked just fine. Boat has been serviced - and the maintenance warning light is now off. Glad I got the Candoo - looks like you can retrieve a lot of good troubleshooting information if ever needed.

Franced123

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
This is my first post on here being a happy owner of a 2019 223 vrx. Picked the boat up with 9hrs on it, picked up a lil stick my first time out but was my own fault because i dropped it in the river that had a bunch of debris at the launch. It actually cleared on it's own I'm guessing the impeller chopped it up and spit it out. Didnt have to takeboat out of the water. No issues since then on lakes ran 11 hrs in 2 weeks and not a single issue even with debris floating in the lakes. I was wondering if anyone knows if you need to clear codes on a vrx that does not have the medallion screen and just the standard BRP guage cluster? I have heard that disconnecting the battery will reset the maintaince schedule? That may not be true, any input please let me know. I am at 20hrs now and was thinking of just doing oil change 25hr service myself.