• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Captain and passenger seats are odd

Ronnie0471

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
i went to look at one of the 16 215 ho in Orange the other night and I found it odd that the Capetians and passenger seats didn't swivel inward towards the boats center?? I have a 210 sp seafood and both seats turn toward the center . I wanted to get into a scarab but this seems like a huge oversight ... Any thoughts ?

Pinhacker71

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
My 2015 hoi 215 swivels to inside. Are you sure you were doing the levers right? My wife had to show me how to do it.

Eric195

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
My 2014 195 HOI turn toward the center. There are 2 levers one makes it go front to back and the other lets you spin the chair around.

Ronnie0471

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
My 2015 hoi 215 swivels to inside. Are you sure you were doing the levers right? My wife had to show me how to do it.
I was with my wife and she's of course much brighter than me lol. She's the one that discovered it . Maybe we wr missing something?? They seemed to turn to the outside of the boat but not the inside?

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It might be like my LS where you have to have the seat moved all the way forward before you can rotate it to the center or 180 degrees.

Ronnie0471

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
It might be like my LS where you have to have the seat moved all the way forward before you can rotate it to the center or 180 degrees.
I'll take another look this weekend. Ty for the info

JusFlyinBy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@Ronnie0471 , definitely give it another shot. From another 215HO owner, mine will spin a full 360*, as long as you're pulling the right lever :)

BryanW

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
i went to look at one of the 16 215 ho in Orange the other night and I found it odd that the Capetians and passenger seats didn't swivel inward towards the boats center?? I have a 210 sp seafood and both seats turn toward the center . I wanted to get into a scarab but this seems like a huge oversight ... Any thoughts ?
Do you have an Orange 210 SP now? Just curious to find another SP "pumpkin" owner and hear why you're moving to a '16?

Ronnie0471

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Yeah currently I have 2012 210 sp sold and is being picked up this Friday . I'm moving to orange 2016 impulse 215 ho this week. I just don't keep toys like these for more than 2 to 4 years. they depreciate too quickly . I look at like a leasing program lol