• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Casting Platform

n1111z

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Anyone have experience installing a casting platform in the bow of a 242 limited s or direct me to a good thread or website? Thanks

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Until you find something, flip your bow filler cushions over. Many are surprised that there is anti-slip material installed for that purpose. Unless they stopped doing that on the newer 242's.

I have seen some nice write up's though with cushions pulled, platform installed and bow-mount trolling motor.

Good luck!

capt

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Until you find something, flip your bow filler cushions over. Many are surprised that there is anti-slip material installed for that purpose. Unless they stopped doing that on the newer 242's.

I have seen some nice write up's though with cushions pulled, platform installed and bow-mount trolling motor.

Good luck!
Can anyone share a link to these bow casting platform write ups and mounting a trolling motor? I can't find them with the search feature.

Evil Sports

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Check out my 212 fishing set up. Been running this way since 2014

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Evil Sports did an awesome job. Taking inspiration, I am building a casting platform that will span across both seats out of Starboard. It is triple hinged so it can be stored and it will work with the seats flipped up on both sides. I have a template cut as of today and I am figuring it out if it is feasible. Wondering if just getting the FSH would be less work :)

Evil Sports

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Some day I'm going to put the actual front seats in and go out in the boat just to see what it's like lol