• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Cedar Creek reservoir TX

capt

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I am planning on renting a lake front house on Cedar Creek reservoir in Texas this summer. Was curious if anyone is familiar with this lake? And would give me some good advice or if I should not go there.

Shuck Water

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
General thoughts are that the lake is pretty nice overall. I'd say it's typically more murky than most lakes in North Texas (which isn't saying much). Also, if we get into dry conditions the lake level drops quickly and it's not a deep lake. In 2019, Vernon's, which was a great pub in Addison moved out to the lake and open a dock side bar. I've been dying to go out there just for their food. Their burgers were among the best in DFW. The owners decided to retire out by the lake.

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I've been on it once and I found it very choppy and not real pleasant to run on. Most of the lake that I was in was surrounded by homes and boat houses. Most homeowners have put in walls or bulkheads to prevent erosion of their property. Good for them bad for boaters. The wake and waves don't dissipate like on gradual or rocky shores. Instead it just bounces and creates a washing machine effect. Throw in a usual southern wind that we have in the summer and it is very rough in certain places at certain times. Not fun on a light weight Yamaha! We were there on a normal Saturday in the summer. If we have a drought then I would cancel the trip because it is one of the first lakes to dry up because most of the lake isn't very deep and it's a water supply lake for some surrounding areas. It's one of the closer lakes to us and we've been to it once since we bought the Yamaha on '06 if that tells you anything.