• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Changing spark plugs

giroux68

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Changed them all this weekend. One engine, the plug cover nuts we so tight and seems to be jus smaller than 10mm to round off. So I had to go at the with vice grips. seems the last person to do it cranked them on and used a TON of thread lock. Thankfully, the plugs came out easy enough. Used the antisieze everyone recommend here. Took about 1.5 hours for both engine and teaching my boy how it's done. The boat had just under 100 hours when I got it this season. greasing all the required spots is next.

Gary Traina

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Just changed mine as well as the oil. Leaving for Dale Hallow Lake on Tennessee/Kentucky border from Mount Dora Fl.