• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Chaparral 2017 203 vortex- stereo issues

Spartyon82

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
I just picked up my first boat ever a couple of days ago. I have had a blast with it but my main concern is that I cannot get music to play through the medallion. I can link my phone via Bluetooth and it shows that its linked on the screen up on the top (my phone shows it too) but when I go to the bottom where the volume is it doesn’t do anything. I’ve went to the equalizer setting and you cannot change anything as it is all at zeros but will not allow me to adjust it.
I don’t know if it also helps that the USB port in the “glovebox” doesn’t seem to have power to it.
Other than no music and no phone charger the boat is awesome and practically brand new.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Hi and :Welcome: to the forum!!! Tons of info here in the threads with helpful people to keep you safe and on the water.

I posted this in a previous post that may help. It could be as simple as connecting the receiver to the medallion. Try the search feature to find out more. Let me know how you make out. Since your boat is not new, do you know if it ever worked? Did the previous owner/dealer remove anything (amp maybe)?

Please post pictures of your boat. We all love pictures!

Spartyon82

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
I bought it on consignment from a marina in northern Michigan the boat had 25 hours on it and the original owner ended up going the pontoon route for his enjoyment. They had done a complete service on it but let’s be honest i was excited and ready to go have fun. I had them go through operating procedures and found that one of the batteries was bad and that threw an E-reverse code. They replaced the battery with a new one and off I went.

so being a guy who likes to do some of his own work I did look into your thread. I located the blue cable and seen it flow into the module box. I found the grey connector but didn’t see any “red/white” wires only(red/black and blue/white).
I did take some photos of the scenario for review.

she is a pretty boat 😎

Attachments

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
You're right, she is pretty. I believe those connectors are for the ballast hookups and video. The radio "stuff" is on the port side underneath the "glovebox". I has to run a cable from this area to the medallion.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
This is what it looks like:

1593956572528.png

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Thanks for the tip! Still learning about where stuff is!
So I did some investigating and found the fuse to be shot. I’ll pick up one tomorrow and hopefully it solves my issues.
That's great. Glad you found something. Please let us know if that solved your issue. 🤞 It could help others...

Spartyon82

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
That's great. Glad you found something. Please let us know if that solved your issue. 🤞 It could help others...
All is GOOD. The 10amp buss fuse was shot. Replaced with new and we have complete control of the sound system. $2.99 for a pack of 5.
I feel that this is a small victory and warrants a cocktail.