• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Chaparral Vortex 223 - won't reach speed

ktdmoran

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
Hit a sand bar this weekend and afterwards my top speed was max 10mph with a huge wake. Got the boat out of the water and saw no debris, checked the impeller nothing was clogged but noticed that the wear rings had at log of ridges on them. Will this prevent from water flow and reaching top speed? No warning signs on my screen and all gauges were reading good.

Has anyone changed the impeller and wear rings on a Chaparral?

Attachments

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Yeah, I believe you fubar'd your wear rings and now your jet pump is cavitating. RPM's high at 10mph?

ktdmoran

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
Yeah, I believe you fubar'd your wear rings and now your jet pump is cavitating. RPM's high at 10mph?
yes. the RPM were high 4800rpm at 8mph