• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Charleston SC Suburb 242 Limited S

piney1

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I thought I had done an intro, oops. The boat is a beautiful 2010 Yamaha Limited S that I bought in December of 15 and received in January of 16. Live in the Lowcountry of SC and we pay 'ad valorem' taxes on toys and cars every year. I'm just too cheap to buy a new one but this only had 7.6 hours on it and it had been stored indoors in northern Michigian. It had the fins on it already. The old guy who owned it could not get used to the jets so he traded it.

This summer I added the chocolate teak look SeaDek and the Phender Pro fender holders. These weren't cheap but they are super easy to use and look great. The factory swoosh stripe was removed before the boat ever made it to the water.

Had a side skirt made for it to protect the black from the harsh sun we have here. I keep it outside but always fully coverd and now with the skirts. It'll stay new looking for year to come.

Added a couple of hundred in sound deadening materials to the hatch cove & gas tank lid, worked great. It an't a Lexus but it is not dearly as deafening as it was before it was added. Used Acoustimat and foam Dynamat. Make sure you buy the self-adhesive kind if you do this.

Previous boat was a 24 bay boat with a 225 Verado motor. Had that 3 years and determined that I would never be a fisherman. The Yamaha is so much more comfortable for the family.

We primarily boat down near the Charleston Harbor. There are several beaches there that are boat only access. Love that too, much less busy.

image.jpeg image.jpeg

Zarrella

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Boat looks great!