• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Cheap Push Button

LX210

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Thought I would share a mod that I did on my 2019 AR240. I read a lot about the single start, single stop push button and it is very cool but sort of complex. I took a different approach and spent ~$35 for parts and ended up with a 2 start single stop push button setup. Basically I wired each stop between the key on and key start and the stop is wired into the safety lanyard. Easy to return to stock and currently have the keys under the dash. Pretty simple and dont have to worry about someone turning off the keys and waiting for conext to restart:)

The two top ones light up blue and the bottom middle lights up red.

Attachments

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Yes pretty simple with just buttons if willing wire yourself and press and hold. Above stop was mentioned once when I think you meant start the first time.

The lanyard switch is a NODPDT switch. This means each engine ecu stop signal is kept separate/isolated when pulled to ground. If just a single switch for ground a isolated dpdt relay should be used to avoid possible but unlikely issues with them being tied together momentarily.

Please tell us more about the Bilge switch I see in that photo.

LX210

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Actually you may have uncovered an issue I ran into I did get a comm error on the engines 1 time since I installed them and had to reset the battery switches to reset the system. I may go back and put in an isolation relay. Did you mean to say a single pole double throw relay?

Yes pretty simple with just buttons if willing wire yourself and press and hold. Above stop was mentioned once when I think you meant start the first time.

The lanyard switch is a NODPDT switch. This means each engine ecu stop signal is kept separate/isolated when pulled to ground. If just a single switch for ground a isolated dpdt relay should be used to avoid possible but unlikely issues with them being tied together momentarily.

Please tell us more about the Bilge switch I see in that photo.

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Actually you may have uncovered an issue I ran into I did get a comm error on the engines 1 time since I installed them and had to reset the battery switches to reset the system. I may go back and put in an isolation relay. Did you mean to say a single pole double throw relay?
NODPDT is correct (Normally Open Double Pole Double Throw). There are two ground leads and two stop signal leads. The ground leads are from each ECM and I suspect are board level logic grounds. Connecting the port ecm ground with the port ecm stop likely pulls a logic pin to ground changing the state from 0 to 1 or visa versa depending on how programmed. To keep these separate a dpdt switch/relay is needed.

Last edited:

LX210

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Just ordered the DPDT relay. Will post up instructions and pics once I have that in place.

LX210

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
By the way the other push button to the right is the interior LED button. Auro Pro OP7

capt

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I need to do this! My ignition switch is cracked and I don't want to spend $250 for a new one. I was hoping to put the ignition keys under the dash and have a push button start so I don't have to turn the broken ignition switch on and off all day long. Do you think this will work on a 07 sx230? I know little to nothing about wiring.

Robssewer

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Did you figure this out? I am wanting to do the same thing on my 04 AR210 but without the keys

LX210

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I did. I ran into a few issues along the way but it is all working now. There is a draw up on here with the relays. I basicaly just took that relay out and added the second push button in its place. All said and done I was only out around $40 to $50.

I still have the keys behind the dash also. Will try to get pics up soon.