• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Check engine light...no codes

Tatalover78

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length
Out on the lake today for several hours. Towards the end of the day my gas light came on but so did my check engine light. There are no codes and seemed odd they both came on at the same time. Boat is 2019 195 - 45hrs with the 300hp motor.

Did all the normal checks im terms of fluids, fuses, everything works and the boat still runs great.

Thoughts ? Thanks

Some check engine lights may become inactive but the light will remain. In that case, you NEED software (Candoo Pro for consumers, BUDS for dealers) to check and clear them. But in theory, those are no longer issues. I had such a light for a short circuit in my fuel pump. It happened and stayed but it was no longer active.

MOST check engine lights DO have an active code. You have to go into the settings menus to find it while it's active. Not saying that's you, but it's the most likely scenario.

I doubt very much that your fuel light is related in any way.

Since everything is running well, I suspect it's an O2 sensor downstream of the cat which doesn't do much. But you need to get a hold of the code to confirm what's going on.

Thanks. Maybe i was not checking for the code correctly. Would you know how to find it. My boat has the traditional needle display, not the fancy screen. Thanks for the help

1627780431134.png

Follow those instructions to navigate to the Fault Co menu IF it's present (aka, there's an ACTIVE code). If it's not active, definitely won't find this.

O2 sensor code on 2013 242 limited s. Replaced o2 sensor and code is still on. Will this go away after running it on the water for a little bit?

I dont know, havent ever replaced one.
After trouble shooting mine i concluded my wrench light is the general 50hr maintenance.

O2 sensor code on 2013 242 limited s. Replaced o2 sensor and code is still on. Will this go away after running it on the water for a little bit?
Very few here know how Yamahas work for lights. You should post somewhere else to get more attention.

Low Battery? Mine came on when my bat was barely turning over after a long day at the sand bar. It went away after charging.

Back