• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Check engine light on at 110 hours

Micki

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 G
Boat Length
Just bought a used 2015 195 and played on it for two days and 4 engine hours then got the check engine light after putting her in the water. Any help would be nice. She's at the dealership now for God knows how long cuz it takes then week I hear. Wondering if it was just a low charge on the battery at start up. Thoughts?

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Honestly, it could be anything. Did you notice any error codes? It'll always provide a 4-digit code.

Micki

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 G
Boat Length
Hi. No. Didn't see any codes. It did seem to sputter a bit. But not flashing, no codes and no oder or anything. I guess it did this one other time in it's lifetime but they didn't find anything and just reset the light. Frustrating tho.

jetboy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
255 Open ID
Boat Length
Just bought a used 2015 195 and played on it for two days and 4 engine hours then got the check engine light after putting her in the water. Any help would be nice. She's at the dealership now for God knows how long cuz it takes then week I hear. Wondering if it was just a low charge on the battery at start up. Thoughts?
If its the same as the 2016, the low battery charge light is separate from the Check Engine light and is located to the left on the speedometer cluster. The dealership should be able to get you straight, but for the error codes did you toggle through the display once the CEL came on? It would show fault codes as you are toggling through.

Micki

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 G
Boat Length
I didn't see a low battery light on. No sound or warnings. It's at the dealer but I also need to learn more about how to read these things and maintenance. I can't see anywhere, about a 100 hour service. Anyone have advice? It's at 110 hours.

Micki

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 G
Boat Length
Thx to all. Looks to be a bad sensor! I can handle that! 😁

Stantm

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
What Sensor??? Don't leave us in suspense....

Micki

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 G
Boat Length
It was an 02 sensor. She's running better now. Thx all.
Now the button on the control handle is sticking. Wondering if I can just WD40 it a bit so I can get it into reverse. Thought??