• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Check engine light? Updated possible solution.

Weeb

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
[USERGROUP=9]@HELP[/USERGROUP] starboard check engine light is on. Oil level is ok. Pissers are pissing. Runs fine. Reset batteries check engine in diagnostics went to false,started engine it went back to true but no code. 2017 ar240. I haven’t done a tune up this year yet. First trip out.

EDIT: So I spent a bunch of money on a pc and an interface that didn’t work. It might have been user error I’ll find out Monday. Part of the procedure hooking it up is disconnecting the tach. The port tach has communication with the ecu so it can’t talk to the tool and boat at the same time. While bumping the key to wake up the ecu I got all kinds off errors on the connext but the check engine alarm cleared. Im not sure if it cleared with the port tach disconnected or both of them. I took it out at about 5800 rpm’s for 4 miles and then full throttle for about a mile and the alarm didn’t come back. I don’t know if this is the answer to clear it but it worked for me. Also you don’t need to disconnect the tach on a 2017 to run the diagnostic program.

Attachments

• 36A371D2-811E-41FE-9344-CE256643D8CA.jpeg
    36A371D2-811E-41FE-9344-CE256643D8CA.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 29
Last edited:
Is the engine in limp mode?

I read that you "reset" the batteries. I might be helpful to disconnect the batteries for a few minutes then touch the disconnected leads together which might discharge any capacitors that might be keeping the ECU powered up.

I read that you "reset" the batteries. I might be helpful to disconnect the batteries for a few minutes then touch the disconnected leads together which might discharge any capacitors that might be keeping the ECU powered up.
It’s not in lump mode runs fine I put a new house battery in after trickle charging it yesterday. I don’t see any codes

Hold the sys/control button for a few seconds to get into diagnostic mode and see if there is a code that we can search

Tried disconnecting and touching went back to false code then to true code and alarm once I started it.
Hold the sys/control button for a few seconds to get into diagnostic mode and see if there is a code that we can search
I’m not at the boat anymore. I put a picture above of the screen. I’m thinking it has something to do with my new house battery I put in today or older gas that was treated messing with the o2 sensor. It was running fine cruising at 5900 rpm the light came on when I punched it to maneuver around other slow boats.

Back