• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Check Engine - port side

OnTheWater

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Went to the slip to install a battery charger, because I was worried the bilge switch and pump would drain my batteries. After pulling cover and putting on a wakeboard rack, I went to start it prior to installing charger. Port side 1st - started, then long beep and I believe I saw a 'low voltage' warning flash below the tach. Starboard side was running fine. Turned both off, beep continued for about 30 seconds.

Charger is hooked up now and I'm getting a 'check engine' on port side. Is this related to my battery level possibly and I just need to wait for full charge?

Give us the details. Battery types. Charge make/model.
How are you connected to each battery?

Give us the details. Battery types. Charge make/model.
How are you connected to each battery?
Stock battery system on the 2013 Limited S. I was looking at an old thread from the other forum and I 'think' that when the battery goes way down, that the system limits power to the engine. I have it on charge, so will check tomorrow and see how it goes...fingers crossed.

Charge the batteries, turn off the battery switches, wait 30 seconds, turn them back on and the code should be gone. Turning off both batteries is how you clear that code.

Charge the batteries, turn off the battery switches, wait 30 seconds, turn them back on and the code should be gone. Turning off both batteries is how you clear that code.
@davel501 - thank you. I'll give that a shot when I get out there today.

Yep. Just think of it as resetting the warning circuit system....Doesnt clear the codes per se, as you can still see them with YDS, but will clear the operational presentation of them (flashing or steady lights/beeping)

Full charge on batteries, turned the battery switches off for 30 seconds - started right up with no warnings. Good to go, except for the 58 degree weather and 25 mph winds.

Thanks for the help guys!

Back