• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Check engine

Av8tor07

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
hello. I ran my boat yesterday with no issues, today I started the motor just to clear some of the water out. The left engine came up with a check engine light, after turning off the battery and starting it again, the warning was still there, any suggestions? 12 hours on the motors, about to do my 10 hour oil and plug change. Can I warm up the engines still with the light on? Thanks.

AZDANSX230HO

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
hello. I ran my boat yesterday with no issues, today I started the motor just to clear some of the water out. The left engine came up with a check engine light, after turning off the battery and starting it again, the warning was still there, any suggestions? 12 hours on the motors, about to do my 10 hour oil and plug change. Can I warm up the engines still with the light on? Thanks.
Should be fine as long as the engine sounds OK when running, I would get the YDS to check the code, could be something really simple causing the code, with only having 12 hours on the engines I would think there is nothing major wrong.

Eric Ballard

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
i am no mechanic, but i would start it up, turn the water on in the flush out port, and check how hot the water is coming out of the pee hole. if it seems just warm and not hot then you should be OK.

Av8tor07

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Should be fine as long as the engine sounds OK when running, I would get the YDS to check the code, could be something really simple causing the code, with only having 12 hours on the engines I would think there is nothing major wrong.
The engine does sound fine. It's the YDS the only way to clear those codes? Thanks

Eric Ballard

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
If you have 2 batteries pull the cables to both. The code should clear after all power is removed from the system. leave power off for at least 30 seconds if not 1 minute.

Av8tor07

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
If you have 2 batteries pull the cables to both. The code should clear after all power is removed from the system. leave power off for at least 30 seconds if not 1 minute.
Will try that. Thanks

eticket

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I had check engine warnings on the 4th. I called my dealer and a tech told me you can clear codes by cycling your engines on and off 3 times. 10 seconds on, one minute off, 3 times.

In the end I did not have to do it because my codes were gone after 24 hours with the main battery switch off.

Av8tor07

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I had check engine warnings on the 4th. I called my dealer and a tech told me you can clear codes by cycling your engines on and off 3 times. 10 seconds on, one minute off, 3 times.

In the end I did not have to do it because my codes were gone after 24 hours with the main battery switch off.
Wow. Good to know. Thanks. I'll try that.

ncnmra

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Does YDS still work for the newer boats? I thought it was only for the older ones.