• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Check this out, "Turbo Toilet"

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I was in costco tonight and got a demo on this (no, no one actually "used" this just showed it too me). Basically it is an offshoot of the luggable loo in my opinion. I think its a good solution for those occasions when nature is calling with a bull horn and is especially good for boaters because of its compact size. It collapses into a small form factor when it's not in use but can hold 330 lbs when it is in use. Costco sells it for $35, when I looked it up on amazon I noticed its sells for $61 there, so I feel like we got a good deal on something I hope never gets used.

http://www.amazon.com/Black-Pine-Turbo-Toilet-Blue/dp/B00HGX5WT8

Last edited:
Are the bags single use?

We have a dump in your home toilet type port a potty on our boat. With kids and friends with kids it gets used frequently.

So that looks about 2" tall x 12" wide when collapsed. I have the same thing with legs, plastic that is the same collapsed dimensions that I got from Cabelas a few years back for the women when we go ice fishing. When we're ice fishing, we just drill a hole under it and well... you do the math. On the boat if it's a #2, we use single use bags, because no one wants that smell to linger. If it's #1... .. . well, there's a lake for that.

Yeah the bags are supposed to be one time use only but if you are frugal or down to your last bag ....

I didn't think we needed it since we have a self contained head in our boat but my wife wants to prepare for the unexpected so now we have one, I'm guessing it will go with our camping gear and hopefully not in the back of her car.

Yeah the bags are supposed to be one time use only but if you are frugal or down to your last bag ....

I didn't think we needed it since we have a self contained head in our boat but my wife wants to prepare for the unexpected so now we have one, I'm guessing it will go with our camping gear and hopefully not in the back of her car.

@Ronnie if you camp in Utah (for example) on a lake, you are expected to have a suitable way to take care of such business and just having a compartment is not enough without having the port-a-pottie with you. If you are just boating, it's not needed... but to spend the night on the water you have to have it. For that, we take our port-a-pottie as well. It's helped us 3 times so far... all 3 times at a local lake we aren't camping on, and all 3 times we were 10 minutes from driving to a bathroom. Stinkin' kids...

edit: LOL @ putting this in the back of the car. I'm pretty sure that would be pretty unpleasant on a long trip... even with sealable bags.

I hear you but need to clarify that I have a porta potty in the head compartment/closet of my boat. I like it better because It has a separate tank for the waste so there is no bag to deal with for every "event". I've slept on my boat a few times now, it's not something I plan to do regularly, just not comfy enough for me. All the above aside I'm sure that if I ever have to use the turbo toilet I will be grateful I bought it and I'm equally sure my wife will never let me forget it was her idea to buy it.

I'd hate to see what would happen if a 331lbs man sat on it.

Here are some pics of the one I bought. Again, I think it is a good alternative for any boater especially if you have a head compartment and haven't yet installed a dometic , thetford curve or similar porta potty. I'm not 330 lbs (just under 200) and it felt solid when I was standing on it.

P8073173.JPG
P8073175.JPG
P8073176.JPG

Attachments

• P8073174.JPG
    P8073174.JPG
    273 KB · Views: 14
  • P8073178.JPG
    P8073178.JPG
    273.1 KB · Views: 15
Is that a zipper right on the inside of the lid? If so, I can see a kid using it and smearing crap on that. What a pain it would be to clean. I'm still in favor of the bucket with a noodle on top. Easy to just replace the noodle if it gets smeared with crap.

I am glad I don't have a need to keep one of these on my boat.

The zipper is just inside the lid but if used properly it should never come in contact with human waste. Remember the bag slides over the seat cover the seat and the internal surfaces of the toilet.

Again, I don't need it since I have a porta potty installed in the head compartment and I hope I never need to use either porta potty but like a gun I'd rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

The zipper is just inside the lid but if used properly it should never come in contact with human waste. Remember the bag slides over the seat cover the seat and the internal surfaces of the toilet.

Again, I don't need it since I have a porta potty installed in the head compartment and I hope I never need to use either porta potty but like a gun I'd rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it.
Ah so your saying the bag covers the zipper? Then all is good, because young kids never use things "properly".

Whenever someone says "here's some pics of my <insert toilet type here>" I always scroll very slowly for fear of what kind of photo I'm about to be treated to...

Whenever someone says "here's some pics of my <insert toilet type here>" I always scroll very slowly for fear of what kind of photo I'm about to be treated to...
Same here. Some of you guys have burned my eyes.:inpain:

I hadn't ever thought of that, but now I will every time....

I read it as that the unit can hold 330 pounds of feces, and was trying to figure out what that person ate!

This.

It reminds me of that comedian talking about baby diapers... "When the box says 15-25 lbs., they're not kidding... that's ALL they can hold!!"

All this potty talk has made me lose my appetite, but a good point was made, I cant trust a kid to use the turbo toilet correctly, if they forget the bag it will be a one time use item, so my wife will need to set it up for kid use.

My plan is to put it away and never touch it again. My wife will be informed of the plan the first time she asks me to do something with the turbo t.

Back