• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Chip in Gel coat

Laker312

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have a 2020sx 190 that has a small chip in the gel coat. I’ve tried the whole gel coat repair kits but they don’t seem to “stick” even with proper prep and cleaning. Wondering if these hulls are made of something that polyester gel coat resin doesn’t stick to. Anyone know if they use a different kind of gel coat? Vinylester is the only other stuff I can think of but very rarely see that. Any input is appreciated.

Share with us a pic of what you’re trying to repair. Did you order the repair kit from spectrum?

Last edited:
I didn’t order the spectrum repair kit since I assumed the west marine gel coat repair would work and I didn’t have to wait for it to arrive.

Attachments

• IMG_4170.jpeg
    IMG_4170.jpeg
    798.4 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_4122.jpeg
    IMG_4122.jpeg
    251.6 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_4123.jpeg
    IMG_4123.jpeg
    185.4 KB · Views: 13
Order the kit from spectrum, it doesn’t take long for it to arrive.. I’ve done gel coat repair in a number of different spots now, a couple spots larger than that even. I have never had an issue with the spectrum kits! That’s definitely a tough spot there where the colors meet.

Back