• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Clean Fuel Tank and working on seats to bring this SX230 boat back to life. So satisfying?!

finnrigged

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Pulled the fuel tank out of the donor 2008 SX230, purged the slightly oxidized fuel inside and swab out every grain of crud to start fresh. Inspected in tested the fuel pumps and degreased then pressure washed the outside of the fuel tank. No I just have to clean The rest of the entire boat out to match?. Working on the seats today with soap and water and a stiff bristle brush followed by Kaboom with bleach, a few Magic erasers and a real thorough rinse to make sure I get the bleach out of the threads. Then and only then I'll start working on rebuilding the heads on the motors and the final install pain. The fuel injectors are also getting sent off to be ultrasonically cleaned.

Attachments

• 20230610_162029.jpg
    20230610_162029.jpg
    1,011.2 KB · Views: 22
  • 20230610_180728.jpg
    20230610_180728.jpg
    459.8 KB · Views: 22
Looks great.

Having the tank out do you think there is room for a larger tank?

No, I do not believe so. Definitely not enough spare room to matter. There are two galvanized steel cross braces as well that hold the tank down in place perfectly and those take up all of the remaining headspace as well as adding structural stability to the walkable cover. If you push the tank all the way forward or aft there was approximately 4 in of extra space at one end.

Back