• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Cleaning the boat

John McLaughlin

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Ever notice that owning a boat is like owning a grill. Everyone wants to enjoy the food we cook however abandon us when it comes time to clean the grates and covers. It is the same with a boat. Everyone wants to ride on the boat however when it comes time to cleaning the boat they are not to be found. [flag]

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I know the feeling @John McLaughlin but after accepting offers of help a few times I found out it was more work than it's worth. I would usually have to explain my way of doing things too often. I would have to go behind people to redo things they messed up, fix things they broke or worry about them falling overboard drunk while we were on dry ground. The final draw came when one friend turned off the hose while I was flushing an engine.

Now I thank them for their offer and suggest they grab a cold beer from the fridge and jump into the hot tub. That's code for " go bother my wife".

Liftr

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Now that’s some real hospitality there!

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
I know the feeling @John McLaughlin but after accepting offers of help a few times I found out it was more work than it's worth. I would usually have to explain my way of doing things too often. I would have to go behind people to redo things they messed up, fix things they broke or worry about them falling overboard drunk while we were on dry ground. The final draw came when one friend turned off the hose while I was flushing an engine.

Now I thank them for their offer and suggest they grab a cold beer from the fridge and jump into the hot tub. That's code for " go bother my wife".
I agree. People always ask if they can help but because it's on a lift, it literally takes 15 minutes to flush both engines and rinse her down; done. No extra help required.

rkim808

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yammies r very high maintenance, especially the dark colored(Black, Blue, Red, Grey) hulls. Not to mention all the gloss shiny black panels in the interior, and the miles of marine vinyl lol. My theory is proper training yes it is time consuming, but once they’ve got the hang of it makes things go way smoother. All my close friends and family that go on fish/dive trips with me, all know my wife and how she is about keeping the boats and trucks in top shape. And all of them enjoy coming along, so they all know that we will be at the harbors wash station after our trip for a minimum of 2hrs. They all know my wife takes a listing of who’s gone, and does a boat inspection on my return. They don’t want to be on the Black list of who can’t go on the boat lol🤣. So they’ll all do a great job to ensure staying off that Black list, and on my wife good side it’s hilarious but it works.🤙🏽

Rascalrider

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We have a system where She loads and unloads all the extra stuff and I do the pretrip and post trip cleaning.

NorfolkJames

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I agree. People always ask if they can help but because it's on a lift, it literally takes 15 minutes to flush both engines and rinse her down; done. No extra help required.
I’m the same way. The boathouse folks throw the boat on a rack, I spray I down and while I flush the motors I wipe it clean with a shammie.

Then it is a five minute ride home. Next year I’ll add a lift to my slip at the house and keep it there.BBA24062-94B4-4D82-A304-1AC92D223EBB.jpeg

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
I’m the same way. The boathouse folks throw the boat on a rack, I spray I down and while I flush the motors I wipe it clean with a shammie.

Then it is a five minute ride home. Next year I’ll add a lift to my slip at the house and keep it there.View attachment 92927
Looks nice. Where are you located?

Matt Phillips

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I have a few friends who have been trained and generally speaking they are a great help...these are also the ones who are generally out on the boat with us. Although it takes time, they are good helpers.

Eric Popper

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I actually don't want others helping me clean. They usually don't have any attention to detail or don't really understand what they are doing. At the end of the day, I give everyone (those that stick around) jobs. I clean with another friend who knows how, my wife and son unload the boat and load the car, then I put the cover on myself. Takes about 15 minutes.

Eric