• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Cleaning while on the lift

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I always wipe down the boat with some 303 (all surfaces except glass) after every outing. I would love to clean her with something more. But I only have water access while on the slip. Taking the boat home is not an option. Is there any product that I can use that won't make me feel like I'm polluting the lake while doing so?

I was debating one of these. As it can suck water out of the lake, or from a bucket, or hose. Not real strong PSI, but may work.

New-Dewalt-Power-Cleaner-Featured-Image.jpg

OK, bringing up a dead thread....

Our local L&M Fleet store had a DeWalt tent sale with a DeWalt rep on hand. I got real blunt with him about the 20V Power Washer (they don't call 550psi a pressure washer)

He said, try it, if it does not do what you want it to, bring it back for a refund. But if you buy either the bare tool or the kit today, I will give you $20 off, an embroidered DeWalt T-shirt and a 20v DeWalt LED shop light! Well he pressed all the right buttons on that one!

I normally buy the bare tool, but the kit had a 5ah battery and charger that I wanted in my other garage for this and the 20v blower that I keep there. The T-shirt and discount just sealed the deal.

So this animal can run off garden hose, or other water source. Namely the hose that comes with it has a float and filter on the source end. So literally a 5 gallon pail of warm water, or the lake! I can wash my boat, waverunners and dock surface while sucking fresh 82 degree water from the lake! It also comes with the same 4 heads as any pressure washer and a cheap foam cannon.

If this thing puts a light coat of soap on my dock items/boats and rinses fine, it will have served it's purpose. The DeWalt rep said his buddy will fill a 5 gallon pail with water and Roundup concentrate for those hard to reach places with a spray trailer! And probably has no weeds in his seadek either!

More to come when I report back.

214402874_10158051512540009_3250363870139337334_n.jpg

I hope this video saves someone some money. It’s worth a quick look if you were curious.

I use a power washer on my hull, usually yellow tip, which is a lot more powerful than the DeWalt here - honestly it's really only good for spraying down the MarineMat and cleaning the tires/wheels. For our water, you still need soap and a mitt to really clean the hull.

Foam cannon is your friend. I use it constantly to put a thick layer of soap on anything I am washing. That combined with a mitt, brush or turbo nozzle and my scrubbing is left to a minimum.

The SXS is much harder to clean than the boat, so the foam cannon is a life saver. It does require the higher GPM of my pressure washer.

I still want to be able to wash my boat on the lift, so I may just see if my electric pressure washer will suck water from the lake. It may work, as I have power down there for my Hydro Sweep. I just didn't want to drag 200ft of hose down there for a water source.

Back