• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Cliff collapses on boats in Brazil

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Last edited:
That is so tragic. Sometimes beauty can be very dangerous

I saw that earlier today... read a bit and the report said 20 dead. Looks like a cool place to be but such a tragic accident for those close to it.

Holy smokes. What an awful event. Between Lake Powell and Flaming Gorge we spend some time next to floating next to cliffs. It'll be hard not thinking about this tragedy next summer.

Really bad. Really sad. Rain+rocks=movement. It’s a real shitty situation.

There has been a ton of rain in this part of brazil since last week. It hasn't stopped raining in my city since Friday morning.

That horrible and sad!

That is so sad. Right now they are saying 7 dead, 3 missing and 32 injured. At least one boat sank.

There has been a ton of rain in this part of brazil since last week. It hasn't stopped raining in my city since Friday morning.
how far are you from the location in the video? Any boots on the ground information you can share?

What a terrible accident. Lots of people armchair quarterbacking those boats over on reddit. I'm not sure I would have know that the extra water flow over the falls was an indication of impending doom.

how far are you from the location in the video? Any boots on the ground information you can share?

What a terrible accident. Lots of people armchair quarterbacking those boats over on reddit. I'm not sure I would have know that the extra water flow over the falls was an indication of impending doom.

A little far. 200 miles maybe. But all of the state of rio de janeiro has unusual amount of rain the past week.

Back