• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Clogged cooling line (pissers)

SocalK

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I’ve read through the posts but can’t seem to find my answer. One of the rear water outlets (pissers) is clogged, not the forward ones that are easy to access in the engine. It’s one of the further rear outlets. It’s definitely got something in there because I ran weed trimmer line and it stopped and when I pulled it out, it was wet and rancid. I’ve been unable to get it to pass through. Where are these connected on the other end and how do I get to it?

A set goes to the exhaust, the other goes to the thermostat housing.

Water pisser routing.png

I’ve read through the posts but can’t seem to find my answer. One of the rear water outlets (pissers) is clogged, not the forward ones that are easy to access in the engine. It’s one of the further rear outlets. It’s definitely got something in there because I ran weed trimmer line and it stopped and when I pulled it out, it was wet and rancid. I’ve been unable to get it to pass through. Where are these connected on the other end and how do I get to it?
When my pissers have been clogged, I've had my best luck clearing the blockage on the water, engine running. Have someone steer the boat while at no wake speed, I take the thickest cable tie(zip tie) that will fit in the pisser outlet and just start ramming away. With the engine running the water pressure in the discharge line pushes whatever is causing the blockage to the outlet so it's easier to clear.
For the record, before some know it all chimes in......... This is just what has worked for me and it was some type of aquatic vegetation that had gotten in there. I acknowledge it could be something else causing your blockage and this may not work for you. Good luck

Last edited:
I agree with the above, the zip tie approach has had 100% success rate for me.

Back