• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Please read the Classified Ads Posting Rules before Posting something for Sale!

Boats MUST LIST A LOCATION (State)IN THE TITLE (Seems people can't read lately)-along with Make/Model/Year

Want To Buy CLOSE-Found a Boat. 2007 - 10 SX230 HO or 232 Limited, TX.

PortA

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
Looking for SX230 HO, 2007 - 10, or a 232 Limited. I live 2 hours south of Houston. Like the gray colored boat any color is a option. Also a 2010 or 2011 is doable if the price is right,

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
FYI I think yamaha stopped making 230s in 2009. I. 2010 they were replaced by the 240s.

PortA

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
Ronnie, you could be right, but going by the "Features 2016 v3" spreadsheet (in this forum) it shows both 230 and 240 for 2010.
Started looking about 2 weeks ago and didn't know it would be this hard to find a Yamaha boat in the 19 -27K range. I figured I'd get a nice boat within the NADA range plus the COVID-19 discount, but its the other way regarding cost. But this forum has been great regarding information and people's stories.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Not to brag, but I’m sure I am right because I had a 2006 sx 230 ho. I wanted to upgrade to a model with the new / larger engine which were not installed in the yamaha boats until 2010. I think the larger engines were first put into the waverunner line in 2008 or 2009.

as others have posted, it’s tough to find a new or used yamaha jet boat right now. This is understandable given the Covid 19 travel restrictions (that is people can’t vacation in Europe and are reluctant to fly generally so boating and RVing are really popular right now and a lot less expensive to do than take a European vacation or take a family of four to a Disney theme park). When A yamaha boat is listed for rent in my area it’s not uncommon to see rates of $400 to $700 per day.

finally I think the correct term is Covid 19 premium not discount.

Last edited:

PortA

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
Finely found a 2008, 212x. It wasn't a 232 but the boat was clean and had 79 hours. Had to drive 6 hours, each way but it was worth it. Have taken it out two times, performing some repairs and cleaning up.

Attachments

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
glad you found one, where will you be boating at ?

be sure to look at the link in my signature below for "known issues" with your model boat,
change that scupper if it hasn't been addressed and be careful removing that #3 spark plug, it has a history of seizing and snapping off,