• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Reminder of the Thrust Vector and Lateral Thruster group buy through JetBoatPilot.....you only have Until AUGUST 31st. to get in on this group buy.
    With a Maximum discount of 35% this is the highest discount you can get on these, so don't miss out!
    So if you are looking to improve your steering-either forwards or in reverse.....this sale may be for you!  

Thank you Will @jetboatpilot for offering this exclusively to JETBOATERS.net members!

(You can click the X to the right to dismiss this notice)

Code 53 overheat issue

Bradle.bright

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
212ss Mr-1 starboard side engine code 53. I have diagnosed the part that I suspect is an exhaust temp sensor. I cannot find the part on the parts diagram. I found a part with a part number that looks like what I need but it says it does not fit my 2009 212ss. Does anyone have a correct part number for this part?

Attachments

• IMG_7698.jpeg
    IMG_7698.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_7699.jpeg
    IMG_7699.jpeg
    870.3 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_7704.jpeg
    IMG_7704.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_7703.jpeg
    IMG_7703.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 7
Have you looked here? Looks to be #18 in the diagram if I am seeing it properly.
I was skeptical about this because my boat model is the non California model. However, if I’m understanding correctly, this diagram and #18 on it are on the California engines. Both of my engines are the same so I’m now under the assumption that my engines have been replaced. I ordered the part last night (hopefully it’s the correct one) sucks because it’s on a 55-60 day back order. It’s not causing any issues that are detrimental other than the light come on on dash and it won’t let me put it in no wake mode until I shut it off for a few seconds to reset the light

Yeah, I was surprised to see such a different in the engine schematics between the two model designations. I can’t speak to the history of the MR1 and how it evolved during its lifetime. Hope the part arrives sooner than later and its a match!

Back