• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Coil Pack Impendence Range

David Martin

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Does anyone know what the coil pack ohm/impendence should be on a 1.8 L engine? mine is a 2013. My dealer service manual does not give any ranges for the coils............it does give ranges for the fuel injectors 11.5 to 12.5 OHM and my injectors are at 12ohm right in the middle.

The only info I have found on a search was for the MR-1 number in a service manual. My ohm reading on my 4 coils are (1) 960 (2)970 (3) 970 (4)976 the cylinder in question on my port motor is #2 cyl which was extremely rich/wet since this cyl coil does not stand out........ all numbers are fairly close all coils are ageing together...........they all are rich, I would have expected the #2 to stand out as the highest impedance but that number belongs to #4.

Without new coil mfg specification it hard to tell how far the drift of all four coils. NEXT test is a good old visual inspection of the spark firing......it should be strong/blue. Compare all 4...... one at a time to look see if #2 to stands out!!!!! My gut says everything will be normal.

Thanks ahead of time guys

I can offer no insight for the ohm readings, but a fairly simple test would be to swap coils with another cylinder, and see if the failure follows the coil, or stays with the cylinder.

I can offer no insight for the ohm readings, but a fairly simple test would be to swap coils with another cylinder, and see if the failure follows the coil, or stays with the cylinder.
Thanks I just got done testing and yes I did a coil swap to do a visual spark test on my 3 black plugs. I post my numbers tonight and where my diagnose stands.

for the MR-1

1632585928978.png

1632586132463.png

Back