• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Conext 12.3" Screen Recall

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length
Just spoke to the Service Manager at my local dealer. Apparently, Yamaha has issued a stop sale on boats with 12.3-inch screens. Like ours many are experiencing random shut down and rebooting. They have also begun issuing letters (I haven't received one yet) telling customers to stop using their boats.

In the meantime, I am waiting on replacement bunks.

F.M.

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Just spoke to the Service Manager at my local dealer. Apparently, Yamaha has issued a stop sale on boats with 12.3-inch screens. Like ours many are experiencing random shut down and rebooting. They have also begun issuing letters (I haven't received one yet) telling customers to stop using their boats.

In the meantime, I am waiting on replacement bunks.
Just called my local dealer. They said that they haven’t heard anything of the sort from Yamaha yet.

But….. once the service manager logged into the dealer site, he found a service bulletin stating exactly what kgower posted. Dealers are being urged not to sell 2023-2024 boats with the 12” screen until a fix is issued for them. No actual recall yet, but it’s coming very soon. Managed to get my boat first in line. Thanks @kgower for the heads up.

F.M.

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length

BigCal45

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Other
I was supposed to take delivery of 2024 222SD on Wednesday and was just told they can’t deliver it but should have the software fix this week. I called Yamaha customer support and they said they have no ETA on the fix and it must be approved by the coast guard, who knows how long that will take. Very frustrating, finally found what I wanted and can’t get it.

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length
I guessing there won't be a fix this year. I don't know if it will affect the 2025's .

flyingnugget

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Good Lord... So its a software issue not a hardware issue. Got ya.

BigCal45

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Other
My salesmen txt me and said according to their Yamaha rep, they sent they fix to the engineers 2 weeks ago and it generally takes 2 weeks for approval. The dealerships are expecting it any day. We shall see. If it drags on too long I may be shopping again.