• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Connect Wet sounds bar to connext

Brucebruce327

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
Has anybody been able to connect a wet sounds stealth 10 to the connext system on a 2022 252? Via the rca cables or the usb hanging behind dash in compartment??? Haelp me Forrest haelp me! Want to run sound bar and boat speakers at same time.

I'm not sure how that boat is wired, but this is what I would do to check. See if you can unplug the harness to the amp, take a meter set to ohms probe the tower + and - see what the reading is, hopefully 3.2 to 4 ohms. This amp is OEM but most amps have the abilty to run down to 2 ohms and produce the max power output. If you put the sound bar in parallel to the tower speakers it may work great but double check the ohm reading you dont want to go under 1.6 ohms

I picked up a soundbar form a member doing an upgrade with the exact same thought as you better sound. My perfectionism pushed me do what I have done in every other system make it amazing with more amps and speakers.

20190703_121310_1562176982129_resized.jpg

Has anybody been able to connect a wet sounds stealth 10 to the connext system on a 2022 252? Via the rca cables or the usb hanging behind dash in compartment??? Haelp me Forrest haelp me! Want to run sound bar and boat speakers at same time.

Use an LOC and tap speaker leads into amp, then use RCA to 3.5mm to connect to soundbar.

The wet sounds bar has an internal amp. The only wires coming out of it were + & - power, aux input and output, and remote wire. There are no speaker wires or existing tower speakers. I have it mounted, hooked up and running with Bluetooth via phone…AUX ran to dash cabin… I want it to work in conjunction with the rest of the boat. I don’t think I can hook it to another amp.

The wet sounds bar has an internal amp. The only wires coming out of it were + & - power, aux input and output, and remote wire. There are no speaker wires or existing tower speakers. I have it mounted, hooked up and running with Bluetooth via phone…AUX ran to dash cabin… I want it to work in conjunction with the rest of the boat. I don’t think I can hook it to another amp.

What I said holds true still....

I would suggest a professional installer.

if you already have power and the turn on wire connected, can you not run an rca cable from the head unit to the Stealth aux input connector? It looks like a 3.5mm connector based on the owners manual.

if you already have power and the turn on wire connected, can you not run an rca cable from the head unit to the Stealth aux input connector? It looks like a 3.5mm connector based on the owners manual.
There is no rca open or really even a head unit it’s all through the connext screen

The wet sounds bar has an internal amp. The only wires coming out of it were + & - power, aux input and output, and remote wire. There are no speaker wires or existing tower speakers.
What I recommended will only potentially work with the type of sound bar that is non amplified. Maybe do the testing like I recommended on other speakers if you can find that they are not in that 1.6 to 2ohm range you could sell that sound bar and buy one with no amplifier, then run it in parallel. The other option would be to use some type of blue tooth device that can run two devices but you may get some latency with the set up. I have always been amazed that the auto industry and boats didn’t offer a custom set up that allows for an easy audio system upgrade. I would gladly pay a premium for a head unit with front rear and sub out puts and 4 gauge power ground and remote turn on routed to an area that could contain amplifiers. Spot for a sub and all wiring pre run The profit margin would be huge and just leave the Oem equipment out.

What I recommended will only potentially work with the type of sound bar that is non amplified. Maybe do the testing like I recommended on other speakers if you can find that they are not in that 1.6 to 2ohm range you could sell that sound bar and buy one with no amplifier, then run it in parallel. The other option would be to use some type of blue tooth device that can run two devices but you may get some latency with the set up. I have always been amazed that the auto industry and boats didn’t offer a custom set up that allows for an easy audio system upgrade. I would gladly pay a premium for a head unit with front rear and sub out puts and 4 gauge power ground and remote turn on routed to an area that could contain amplifiers. Spot for a sub and all wiring pre run The profit margin would be huge and just leave the Oem equipment out.

It’s very simple to hook up the one he has….

Back