• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Connext Bluetooth range

MillsyMO

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Boat Length
My ‘22 AR250 has a Bluetooth range of about 5’ and even at that if something or someone walks in between the device and the connext system is cuts out. I had accepted that it’s just a crummy Bluetooth system but over the weekend I met a guy who has a ‘16 AR240 and says his wife plays music from the back seat of his boat no problem and does it all the time. Mine will play from the back seat but only if my cpt seat is turned sideways so there is no obstacles between the device and the connext system and still cuts out periodically during songs. Does anyone else experience this or should I bring it up to Yamaha for warranty? Thanks for any info.

Our 2020 195S I can Bluetooth from the beach (roughly 25-30'away). However, we have the swim deck mounted Fusion head unit. That's where the Bluetooth connects to. When I'm underway my phone is in phone holder next to connext. Also no issues.
Have you tried a different phone? Perhaps it's your phone, or case?

I’ve tried 4 different phones. Not intentionally but we’ve had 4 different ones connected to it and always the same result. If it’s in the holder next to the connext screen it works perfect with no issues. If someone tries to sit in another seat and play DJ, it’s a no go. Cuts out constantly.

I was just out with my AR and while anchored at a local island my son had his phone playing through BT while sitting on the rear upper platform. We didn't notice any issues but now you have me curious and I will test mine next time I'm out.

I have a Samsung and he has an IPhone for reference.

Now that you mention it, all 4 phones have been iPhones. I wonder if android would be better. I just find it odd bc at work my Bluetooth headphones work 30-40 yards away from my iPhone no problem and they’re cheap Amazon AirPods. So it doesn’t make sense that the connext system is so sensitive.
my son was sitting in the port side cpts chair and my cousin was standing up in between us at the windshield while on a ride and my son was playing DJ. The music cut in out the entire time my cousin stood there.

I just got off the phone with Yamaha who stated “our connext systems have had a very small Bluetooth range for sometime now, so if it is not in the phone holder it will probably cut in and out while playing music”. Wow, you know it’s crummy and choose not to improve it? ?

Mine starts to cut out when i am 10 to 15 feet from the stern. 2016 ar240. Same on last 3 phones all Samsung

Mine will cut out about 15 feet away from the boat. That is with an iPhone 12.

Mine will cut out about 15 feet away from the boat. That is with an iPhone 12.

Lucky you lol.

I will confirm it is not a phone issue. I have had probably 50+ phones connected to mine and it happens to every single one.

I just went out and tested it in the drive. As I walk around to snide the boat it cuts out here and there. On the aft of the boat it’s fine while sitting down but as soon as I pick it up and move it around it starts playing fast and cutting out. Seems like some units must perform better than others.

I just went out and tested it in the drive. As I walk around to snide the boat it cuts out here and there. On the aft of the boat it’s fine while sitting down but as soon as I pick it up and move it around it starts playing fast and cutting out. Seems like some units must perform better than others.

Have you checked with your dealer to see if there is a software update? I think I heard about this some time back.

Have you checked with your dealer to see if there is a software update? I think I heard about this some time back.
I was hoping for that but I contacted Yamaha yesterday by phone and they informed me that it’s only designed to work in the phone holder next to the connext system.

I was hoping for that but I contacted Yamaha yesterday by phone and they informed me that it’s only designed to work in the phone holder next to the connext system.

Yamaha is useless.... I would contact dealer to see if they have anything to say. If I get bored one weekend I will swing by my local service department to see if they have any information.

252SE here, I haven't tried connecting while off the boat but I and others have connected without issue from as far away as the swim deck. Samsung's, Apple's, and Pixel's all seemed to work equally well. Sorry to hear yours is being a PITA.

I thought I read that someone had a firmware update done and it improved the bluetooth range...found it:
That’s fantastic info. Why the heck didn’t Yamaha tell me that on the phone. I just had my boat in for service last Thursday. I’ll call the dealership and talk to them bc I’m taking it back this winter to have the final service of the year done and I’ll hopefully be able to get it updated. Thanks for the info!

I have a 2022 AR 250 and my BT range sucks. Anywhere other than the phone holder it will cut out. Garbage !!!! Thinking about replacing the swim deck remote with a Fusion head unit. Anyone try that ?!

Back