• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Connext Screen

rmartinez

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
2016 Yamaha AR240 having trouble with the Connext touch screen. When I start the boat, the screen stays locked on the Yamaha screen. The boat starts up fine, but I cannot access any Connext functions. I tried to reset the Connext screen by holding down the “System control” key but the system does not reset. I also checked the fuses, and they all seem to be fine. The motor gauges do not move either.

Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Attachments

• Yamaha screen.jpg
    Yamaha screen.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 6
Ground wire most likely.......grounds that are not 100% will allow a screen to come on but not be strong enough to allow the computer to boot up fully. The gauges are a clear indicator of a poor ground.

Sorry forgot solution as a test you can run a ground direct from battery - tap into the ground wire on back of gauges.....if that solves the gauge problem move on to the connects screen. NOW comes the fun part after the test finding the connector between the connext/gauges to the major ground at the back of the boat. It is either a corroded connector or a broken pin on the wire that has allowed the pin to loose contact.

Good Luck

Last edited:
I’ve never seen this fixed without replacing it. Maybe I’m wrong and you have better luck. I had to replace mine.

Back