• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Connext Speed/Depth/Error

Jaybon3

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Anybody get an error for depth speed and or transducer? My speed will not display, or the depth will be wildly deeper than it is. Recently reported transducer error. I turn off and back on and it’s fine. Happens rarely but.... curious?

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I’ve had the depth give me 122’ when leaving the sandbar, but I always assume that’s a mucky bottom issue as it always clears up as soon as we get in the channel.

Drexx3

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Mine will sometimes just not register (flashing dashes), or, show me in 100+ feet when I know it is <5

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Mine will sometimes just not register (flashing dashes), or, show me in 100+ feet when I know it is <5
Yup mine does the same. Generally fixes itself after a minute or so.

bobholthaus

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
My brand new 2020 242SE is having similar issues: speedo/gps only works every 3rd or 4th time. I’m also having BCU issues and electrical issues. Going back to the dealer when I get home form vacation (which is a boating vacation, so this is very frustrating).

WiskyDan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
This is the third time that I’ve had my new (to me) 2015 242 Limited S out and the Connext depth gauge acted weird - first two times it was fine.

Headed down the river which is 25’ deep in areas and it was showing 23’. As I entered the lake - is around 8‘ to 10’ feet in this area - the depth gauge never changed - stuck at 23’. Drove across lake to sandbar (maybe 4-5 miles) and depth gauge never budged off of 23’.

When leaving sandbar depth gauge now reads 0’ and was like that all the way back to the dock - never budged from 0’.

The Connext system was the one thing that worried me on this boat and it seems to be living up to its reputation. :-/

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
My 212s uses GPS for speedo and is working correctly, but I have had the depth meter read just bars (which seems to mean no return signal just like it does when I'm on the trailer), and sometimes it reads odd depths like 100+ feet in 10 feet of water. The depth is from a through-hull transducer near the transom so it can easily get confused with reverse jetwash, weeds, and suspended particulates in the water just like any other. I'd be concerned if it happened often, but it's only happened a few times and it's usually in areas of uncertain conditions. 99.9% of the time it works perfectly fine, so I'm not worried about the few glitches.

But if my depth was way off for periods of time, I might suspect a software issue with the Connext. @WiskyDan maybe you should see if your Connext has a software update available. If you look at the back of the unit behind the helm, you should find a sticker with a FW or firmware number and possibly a date. Give that info to the dealer and ask them to check...could just be glitchy software.

@Jaybon3 On the 19 footers the speedo uses a paddle wheel for the speed sensor built into the depth sensor transducer near the transom. The wheel may be damaged from shipping, or crooked loading on the trailer bunks, or even hitting something in the water. I'd have that checked. I think I read that if it's the paddle wheel, it can be replaced from below rather than pulling the transducer.

AndyD860

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
My brand new 2020 242SE is having similar issues: speedo/gps only works every 3rd or 4th time. I’m also having BCU issues and electrical issues. Going back to the dealer when I get home form vacation (which is a boating vacation, so this is very frustrating).
I’ve had blue issues on my 2020 Yamaha 242x shshut everything off straighten out the steering wheel mine always clears up if not one of ur props is blocked 😎