• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Considering 2010 Yamaha 212x

jetezlayz

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252XE
Boat Length
Time to upgrade! We just sold our Seadoo Challenger 180 and want to get into something that handles the chop better as well as water sports. Seadoo was our first boat, but after finding out we love boating we knew we had to sell so we could go bigger. After getting a piece of bark stuck in our jet, I knew Yamaha was gonna be our next brand because of the access from the swim deck. Also, the nose on the Seadoo curves down way too hard in front to be in any kind of wave.

I’ve done a lot of looking and find that the 212x would probably be our best option for wakeboarding/maybe surfing with added back ballast and wake edge. I’d love the 242x or 255x, but they are out of our price range.

Heres my concern. Our last boat we bought with 59 hours. The 212x has 210 hours and has been in the water it’s whole life. I can’t seem to find any known engine issues with this year and I’m wondering if anyone can chime in about it. Any other info is also appreciated! I grew up on cuddys and Master Craft’s, but want to stay in the jet family for my own.

Thanks!

I own a 2010 212x and just love it. I bought the boat in 2012 and it has not seen the dealer since. I've done all the oil and spark plug changes myself. Piece of cake. I fog the engines have have my son pour some antifreeze down the tube for piece of mind in our -40 degree winters. I pull the hours every year and have probably close to 400 hours on it. I love the 2008-2010 version of the 212x because it doesn't have the rudder and can do some fun spins in the water.

Back