• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Considering Sale

Copperhead

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
With a house addition beginning in a month and a baby due in two months boating just isn't going to happen this year so my wife and I are considering selling our boat. Apparently the market is ridiculous right now. I am seeing prices I never would have guessed. Anyone willing to give me some feedback as to a reasonable price to ask for my boat if we do decide to sell?

2011 242 Limited S

Black Yamaha mooring and trailering cover
2 person Obrien Tube+rope
3 ski vests and multiple CG approved vests
Hyperlite wakeboard+rope
Starting battery and dual house batteries
Onboard Noco Genius Gen2 mini dual bank battery charger.
Blue sea systems fuse panel
Hard wired air pump for inflatables
4 additional blue LED courtesy lights
10 Blue LED stainless cup holders
8k lumen Diablo Vega underwater light
3 gang rocker switch box with separate circuits that control the blue interior lights and the underwater light.
Full Sea Dek installed in 2020.
Organizing shelves and racks installed in head compartment.
Clean out plugs swelled and stuck last year. Just rebuilt both and have two additional clean out plug rebuild kits.

MFI paint matched trailer
Swing away tongue
Surge brakes
LED lights
New continental radial tires in 2020.
Welded bow stop
Stoltz bow roller
Welded bow boarding steps with aluminum treadplate
Upgraded Fulton 2 speed trailer winch
VeeVee trailer guide poles

The interior is nice with no rips, tears, or stains.

The Bimini top has some darkening and staining.

There are a few scratches on the sides of the hull.

I believe the engines have roughly 200 hours.

We bought the boat with 9 hours in 2012 from Surdyke on LOTO.

Thanks in advance!

Pics would be helpful, but the local dealer has one pending sale for $42,850. Good luck.

1622074287220.png

That’s amazing I sold my 2012 in 2018 for 26k...paid 51k for it. Timing is everything.

I’d start with it Nada for a “reasonable price” but if you want to maximize your profit just charge what the market will bear. I’ve seen at least two early 242s selling for $50k. The 2010 had an MSRP of $50k. True you can buy a new (shorter model anyway) boat for that much but only if you can find one) in this market.

Last edited:
Back