• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Coolant in Bilge

Greatlakes

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
215 ID
Boat Length
So here’s one I never figured out and still baffles me. Maybe someone here has insight. Last fall when I put the boat away I blew out the flush ports using an air compressor, changed the oil. I’m in Ontario so the winters are below freezing and it wasn’t in a heated garage. This spring I uncovered it, opened the engine bay and there was coolant in the bilge. Both reservoir tanks were empty. By the way, 2019 Scarab 215 with twin 300’s, 92 hours. I filled the coolant back up, between both engines it took almost a gallon. Checked the oil, looked good. Took it for a test drive, no problems and no further leaks. So far this summer the coolant level hasn’t changed. Any idea why the coolant would have been in the bilge?

Luc Lafreniere

Jetboaters Captain
Staff member
Scarab Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 G
Boat Length
Check your hoses and clamps. With winter cold and warming periods in between, hoses may loosen temporarily, rubber gets harder, and leaks then occur. Likely why it leaked over winter but not summer where rubber is more pliable and seals better.

Fellow Ontario dweller here. Lol