• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Reminder of the Thrust Vector and Lateral Thruster group buy through JetBoatPilot.....you only have Until AUGUST 31st. to get in on this group buy.
    With a Maximum discount of 35% this is the highest discount you can get on these, so don't miss out!
    So if you are looking to improve your steering-either forwards or in reverse.....this sale may be for you!  

Thank you Will @jetboatpilot for offering this exclusively to JETBOATERS.net members!

(You can click the X to the right to dismiss this notice)

Cooling Line issue? 2018 AR210 overheat

zbell305

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have a 2018 AR210 (TR-1 Engines) with ~375 hours. Salt water use weekly but always flushed religiously.

This weekend I ran to the sandbar (about 20 minutes at 5500-6000 RPMs) and had no issue. Hung for the day, packed up to leave and checked my clean outs, they were empty. Idled to the channel no problem, pissers running. I throttle it to plane and get an overheat warning on my starboard. I see the pissers running but am getting overheat, so I run back on the port engine. Sunday I put it on a rack and ran it on the hose, its pissing out of the side but no water is coming from the jet port itself, its flowing through the drain plug / grate. I only ran it for a few minutes and didnt let it the overheat trigger. Throttled it when cutting the hose and revved fine, close to sure it isnt cavitation in the impeller area.

Is this a cooling line issue? I am not sure of which lines into the block are water in or water out, but I see that one looks like it has been leaking because I see some water build up around the clasps / head.

Tried uploading a video and cant seem to. Screenshot 2024-06-10 113335.png-- any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you!

Attachments

• Image.png
    Image.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 6
Do you spray the engine with any type of rust prevention? That helps keep the tension clamps from dissolving and that's what your showing in the picture I would start by finding all the clamps that are rusted and changing them, then also pull the clean out tray and inspect all the band clamps. One of the design flaws of these boats for salt water use is the clean out tray design allowing water to dump down on all the clamps and inferior clamp material. I have sealed that and few other areas and get no water out of my drain plug. If this was done correctly the clamps would last three times as long. 375 hours is a lot of fun time on the water was this your first issue ?

So, I use yamashield typically every 3rd week on the engine blocks and all external jet pumps. I guess I wasnt getting deep down inside enough under the exhuast there. However, on my port engine, theres no water residue/build up whatsoever in that area.

I need to locate the clean out tray, can you give me a quick tutorial or point me to which part diagram to review? I am in year 3 of ownership and I would say I know a few things but am still learning as I go.

I bought in april 2021 with 40 hours, so about 100 hours a year. Lots of fun -- I have it dry docked in Miami so most weekends are a go. So far, I've replaced some housings/impeller/bearings, and that was it until this past January. In January the port driveshaft broke and YES replaced it all under warranty.

Back