• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Corking your anchor locker

Troy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
So we had the boat, and as usual everyone was in the front making the boat nose heavy. At slow speeds I noticed water was getting into the anchor locker though the drain hole. Does anyone here put a cork in that little drain hole to prevent this. I understand the purpose of the drain, but on this particular day we didn't use the anchor but I still had to let my anchor rode dry over night. What the consensus of the board about corking it.

I have one of those rubber plugs that you find on a jon boat for mine for those occasions.. very rarely used but when I do put it in from the inside. Made better if you take and line your anchor locker with a rubber mat..plenty of protection for rough anchor handling and keeps your rode out of the bath a bit. giving it time to drain instead of sitting in the soup..

I put a little bit of silicone in there and it worked like a charm! I used to have the anchor locker fill up, then splash over the bulk heads and into the storage locker, wetting everything.

Oh no...This isn't another plugs in or plugs out thread is it? Lol

Just keep running the boat fast as shit and the nose stays up out of the water. Problem solved.

It is a common problem, when running at no wake speeds, with a load of people in the bow. Your literally scooping water into the locker and it can fill it and overflow the back walls and wet the helm carpet area.

Just by the way Yamaha has put the drain hole so low on the bow, when the boat is loaded, it is right at the waterline. If the boat is bow heavy, it is filling it as the hole is below the waterline. So if you are moving foreword for a period of time, it will force fill it. I don't know anyone that corks it. But if you can remember the cork, it wouldn't hurt while motoring slow with many in the bow. I just wouldn't leave it in there.

Back