• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Couple boat issues. Seeking input

dadofral

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
2015 212x. Had it out today and was running fine. My some was driving and decided to try filling the ballast bags, after a couple issues we checked on the fill and the starboard side was ok but the ports side not filling and water all over in the battery compartment. Turned the bilge on and water pumping out for a bit. So first off we have that issue.
Secondly, after the bag issue we fires the boat up and lost power / cavitation on the starboard side. I checked out the clean out port and it was now blown out. Pulled it out an checked it for debris on the impeller shaft. So, what could causing this power loss above idle speed? Sorry for the long post, but wanted to give some context. Boat was running good prior to the ballast issues

UPDATE. found the ballast bag was completely discounted at the entry point for the water. How does that happen?? Letting the compartment and bag dry off to reattach.

UPDATE TWO: Fitting is cracked and needs to be replaced, ordered new one and see if they can even get one.

Last edited:
The fittings for the bags can come loose just with shifting. If they break it is the same connector used to fill waterbeds.

maybe a wear ring issue or bent impeller?

The fittings for the bags can come loose just with shifting. If they break it is the same connector used to fill waterbeds.

maybe a wear ring issue or bent impeller?

Thanks for the heads up, maybe I can just find a water bed fill connector..... I checked the impellers and shafts, all seem OK from visual inspection.
We fired the boat up in the driveway with water connected and it seems to be OK now....going to do a lake test this week again and see if it's running OK. Appreciate your input.

I had a similar issue at the beginning of last season that my wife reminded me about (sometimes it’s good they remember everything) and it was when we were running the last bit of the previous seasons fuel. Maybe the electronics couldn’t mess with the timing enough at higher RPMs. Glad it resolved it’s self like ours did.

Back