• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Courtesy LEDs

DJMattyT

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Other than led strips, does anyone use small led courtesy lights in their boat? My boat came with 3 blue led courtesy lights and of course since adding some speaker rings and led strips the color of the stock LEDs doesn't match completely so I'm looking to find a better matching blue led. The ones in my boat seem to be "livewell tank" LEDs. You can see the small LEDs all the way up front and to the right rear (this pic doesn't show the color difference very well but it is different).
image.jpeg

Looks great! I am interested in the same thing. We are replacing the stock courtesy light bulbs with LED or possibly replacing the entire light (not sure yet). I'd like to know how this works out for you and if you have any tips along the way.
Our set up will be similar (minus the stripe lights) we ware installing rings on the speakers, rings on the cup-holders, and LED bulbs in 3 courtesy lights.
Did you add any underwater lights?

Looks great! I am interested in the same thing. We are replacing the stock courtesy light bulbs with LED or possibly replacing the entire light (not sure yet). I'd like to know how this works out for you and if you have any tips along the way.
Our set up will be similar (minus the stripe lights) we ware installing rings on the speakers, rings on the cup-holders, and LED bulbs in 3 courtesy lights.
Did you add any underwater lights?
Nope I didn't do underwater lights, my water is a dark greed, I don't know how it would look lol

Nice!

Interested in more info on the speaker rings. How do they turn on/off? Any particular brand that is better?

I got these off empirehydrosports.com I tapped right into the factory led wiring but today I installed a controller so they will pulse dim etc

looks awesome !!

@DJMattyT in the vid w the rev8's, are the rev8's playing by themselves or are other speakers running too ? What power source do you have running them ?
?

@DJMattyT in the vid w the rev8's, are the rev8's playing by themselves or are other speakers running too ? What power source do you have running them ?
?
I have my speakers and sub in the boat running too. I have a little volume control knob for the Rev-8's so I can turn them off when I don't need them. In this video 4 speakers 1 sub and 2 tower speakers were running off 1 JL M8/800 amp but I just installed a second amp strictly for the tower speakers and added another sub so it has improved a lot. The towers are not easily twice as loud as they were in this video. I also have 2 batteries in the boat.

On
I got these off empirehydrosports.com I tapped right into the factory led wiring but today I installed a controller so they will pulse dim etc
On their website the rings look as if you can see all the hot spots (each bulb), is this the same on your lights from any angle?

On

On their website the rings look as if you can see all the hot spots (each bulb), is this the same on your lights from any angle?
unfortunately I do see each individual LED unless its really dark outside (only because I have a lot of LEDs) it kind of doesn't make the individual LEDs as noticeable

Back