• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Cover for AR195s

traderfjp

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Hi,

I'm a new boat owner - lots of rentals. I'm picking up my new boat after the New Year. I'm getting a 2021 195S. I'm very excited and started reading everything. I'm going to get a slip at a lake nearby so it will be in the water most of the year but the lake is fresh fed and very clean. I want to cover the boat easily after I'm done for the day to keep the elements out. The dealer suggested a yamaha snap on cover. He doesn't know when it is coming in and then I have to find someone local who can put in the snaps. I guess doable but I'm worried that it will be hard to do snaps when I'm inside the boat at the dock and that they will rust or break? Is this a concern? Am I better with a fitted cover? Do any of the covers protect the wave tower? Any suggestions or opinions would be appreciated.

gallobg

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I have the Yamaha fitted mooring cover on my 2019 AR195. I also wet slip my boat in the lake all summer. It’s fairly easy to get the cover on the boat when is in the water with only a single person (it’ll take a little practice at first). The cover has proved to be an excellent choice to keep weather and critters out of the boat, highly recommended.

A friend of mine with the same boat on our lake has the snap cover, and he seems to get a lot of water intrusion into the boat during rainstorms. It seems like the cover can lift in the places between two snap points and the wind can blow water into the boat and soak his under seat compartments. Maybe it’s a fitment issue? One downside of a snap on covers is that each snap point has to be custom installed into the boat fiberglass, so if the dealer makes any mistakes the cover fit might not be perfect.

Neither cover will protect the tower, but both fit around the tower mounts so it’s not an issue.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have both, sort of. I use the Premium fitted Yamaha mooring cover to cover the boat, only see a tiny bit of water once in a while where the cover goes around the tower base in a heavy rain. I also do have the Bow snap cover which I use if I am caught in heavy waves or a storm to deflect most of a wave coming over the bow, just in case. The snap snaps on easily.

jdkaeser

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
I have a 2020 195S and I use the black mooring cover. It works great and only takes 5 minutes to put on at the dock. They updated the cover for the 195S as the tower is a bit different. They only made one for the AR195 when I bought mine and it fits a bit tight around the tower base. The new part number is MAR-195TR-BK-20. Make sure you get that one.

traderfjp

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
It sounds like the yamaha mooring cover is the way to go. I'll get them to change the order from snaps to this cover. Does it cover the tower too? That is one of the weak spot with the snap on since there are holes where the cover goes around the tower. We get a lot of rain in NC.

traderfjp

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
I have a 2020 195S and I use the black mooring cover. It works great and only takes 5 minutes to put on at the dock. They updated the cover for the 195S as the tower is a bit different. They only made one for the AR195 when I bought mine and it fits a bit tight around the tower base. The new part number is MAR-195TR-BK-20. Make sure you get that one.
Thanks

traderfjp

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
I have both, sort of. I use the Premium fitted Yamaha mooring cover to cover the boat, only see a tiny bit of water once in a while where the cover goes around the tower base in a heavy rain. I also do have the Bow snap cover which I use if I am caught in heavy waves or a storm to deflect most of a wave coming over the bow, just in case. The snap snaps on easily.
I could do the mooring cover for the end of the day. And get a snap cover just for the bow for when we are caught in a heavy rain. Does this make any sense? We live in a sub tropical climate. Hoping to get a cover that seals water out ocmpletely.

Last edited:

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Not sure any cover will seal out all water completely. We have used the bow cover for a heavy rain and used the pole for it and it worked out great. Kept the kids and their stuff dry.

gallobg

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Not sure any cover will seal out all water completely. We have used the bow cover for a heavy rain and used the pole for it and it worked out great. Kept the kids and their stuff dry.
This is a good point. Neither cover will hold out the water unless the poles are used properly.

One time during a heavy rain I forgot the poles with the mooring cover and the rain water collected on the cover so much that it eventually dislodged the cover fabric and dumped entirely into boat.

gallobg

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
You’ve asked if the mooring cover goes around the tower. Here’s a picture of my boat at the dock, you’ll see that it wraps around the tower base. Hope this helps.

Attachments

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I second the premium mooring cover - we have one and it fits snug to the boat. The cover has flaps that go around and OVER the bottom of the tower and I've never seen water inside the boat after a heavy rain. I've noticed it feels damp inside, but no water. You can also tow with the mooring cover as it has a vacu-fit feature that "sucks" it down on the boat and it doesn't scuff up the gelcoat. It keeps all your cushions inside too. If you tow with it, remember the tower must remain upright so it doesn't bounce around.

Personally I hate snap on covers...we always seem to find the snaps on the top of the boat edges with our elbows - ouch. And it just doesn't look as "clean" with all the snaps.

traderfjp

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
I second the premium mooring cover - we have one and it fits snug to the boat. The cover has flaps that go around and OVER the bottom of the tower and I've never seen water inside the boat after a heavy rain. I've noticed it feels damp inside, but no water. You can also tow with the mooring cover as it has a vacu-fit feature that "sucks" it down on the boat and it doesn't scuff up the gelcoat. It keeps all your cushions inside too. If you tow with it, remember the tower must remain upright so it doesn't bounce around.

Personally I hate snap on covers...we always seem to find the snaps on the top of the boat edges with our elbows - ouch. And it just doesn't look as "clean" with all the snaps.
I put in my request for the Yamaha mooring cover. They were charging me 500 for the other cover, special pricing. I hope I can get the same pricing. Thanks